“The longer you sit, the more food on your plate”
Review of Lambert's Cafe III

Lambert's Cafe III
Ranked #3 of 138 Restaurants in Foley
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Catch the dinner rolls while they're hot at Lambert's Cafe. In the stunning city of Foley, AL, family and friends alike are welcomed to a meal so delicious you'll think it's home cooked. The local restaurant offers good eats and excellent service in an open environment. With a tradition that dates back over 70 years, you can expect the freshest vegetables, most mouthwatering meats, and an endless supply of pass arounds. Located just eight minutes from the beautiful shores of the Gulf Coast, Lambert's Cafe is the perfect retreat from a long day of entertainment and family fun. Their menu is full of your favorite country staples ranging from ribeye steak and BBQ to pork chops and chicken and dumplings, all coming in generous portions. Indulge in several different seafood options including fried catfish, salmon patties, and shrimp dinners. Don't forget to try their tasty deep-fried frog legs.
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

We had lunch at Lambert’s today. We had 5 in our party. There wasn’t a wait. We were seated and we put in our drink order. Then, the food started arriving. We all caught a roll and had molasses or apple butter with it. Hot fried okra came around next and was placed on napkins. Our ordered food came out pretty quickly. I ordered fried chicken with mashed potatoes and coleslaw, but they accidentally gave me fries. No problem the waitress came right back with the slaw. My husband ordered the chicken livers and gizzards, one daughter ordered chicken, one daughter ordered meatloaf and my son ordered salmon patties. Servers kept coming around with sides to try. I tried the fried potatoes and they were delicious. My husband and son tried the macaroni with tomatoes. The guys each caught a 2nd roll. There is so much food! My plate came with 3 pieces of fried chicken and I couldn’t even finish my first piece. We got to go boxes and now have enough food for dinner. The atmosphere is fun, the food is generous and the staff is friendly. Stop by and see what the fuss is about. Great restaurant!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,645)

Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

I can see the fun spirit of Lambert’s but there is nothing much for a health minded person to eat. The unending sides brought to the table are greasy, food is the grease laden food we midwestern people grew up on when everyone died by 65. The food is really only average but there is s ton of it. Fun experience for kids I guess.

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

I have eaten here for years. It hasn’t changed at all. A must do for vacationers to Orange Beach or Gulf Shores. The portion sizes are huge. The food is great. Atmosphere is fun. Be prepared for a wait but totally worth it.

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Always a fun place to visit. Home of the throwed rolls. The rolls are excellent and the food portions are very generous. Servers come around and give you extras such as boiled cabbage, black eyed peas, fried potatoes, and macaroni and tomatoes. The only downside is I really wanted the potatoes and they didn't come until I was almost done with my meal. Service was excellent and very organized. More food than you can eat in one sitting. I've never had anything bad here and we make it a regular stop on their visits to Gulf Shores.

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Wow! The food was delicious and it never stopped. The rolls were hot and heavenly. The fried chicken was awesome. And the pass arounds made the place unique. Our kids thoroughly enjoyed it. Service was great. You get your moneys worth and if you leave hungry it’s your own fault. We will visit again!

Been to Lambert's Cafe III? Share your experiences!