All reviewssmall kitchenetteper nightthe staff was friendly and helpfuldesk clerkmicrowavetransitionsinkcloset
Reviewed March 5, 2018

My problem with this place isn't the room- it was clean, other than the fact we found old soda bottles under the bed..
My problem was with the staff and management,
Apparently, if you have a service dog, these people feel they have the right to search your room at their leisure. Although their policies, and their billboards along the highway, state that they "welcome pets and animals", the staff feels that the presence of a service dog gives them the right to search your room whenever they want.
This was not stated in the printed policy. They barged into my room at 8 am the first time, and when I questioned their presence, they stated they had to "do a room check."
From then on, every week, they felt they had the right to search the room. They not only "checked for damages", they looked inside of dresser drawers and they looked inside of the bathroom cabinets.
Speaking to management, I requested that another person do a "room check"; management did not challenge me. Instead, they proceeded to make threats towards my girlfriend, stating that I could not stay here , as "I have an attitude problem."
These people forget that they are in the hospitality business- and that the people renting rooms are customers whom pay their salaries. They act as if their guests should grovel beneath them at their feet.
Yes, I do have certain expectations:
1. That I will not be treated like a prisoner when I rent a room.
2. That any policies will be stated at check in, not decreed at whim by the staff and management.
3. That I will not be harassed because I have a service animal (which is illegal under the Americans With Disabilities Act, as well as state and federal law.)
This hotel is a terrible example of how petty tyrants use their position to bully, berate, and harass people. My recommendation is that you choose anywhere else but here.

Room Tip: Choose another place
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Daniel L
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Evacuating from Hurricane Irma ,we guessed that Foley would be outside of the danger zone. We booked from Saturday till Tuesday. As the storm shifted we decided to leave Friday. What had no problem booking an extra day. Traffic was terrible and we arrived after midnight.The desk clerk had made made arrangements for Wayne,the security guard to give us our key.Wayne was waiting for us and not only gave us our keys ,walked us to our room,offered to help with luggage and stayed with us until we checked everything.All staff was friendly and helpful.
Clean tiny rooms at a reasonable price.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed July 20, 2017

Just left there today and it was great. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and reasonable rates. I would definitely stay again. The place makes it easy to get to the beach without those beach prices. There are also lots of great places to eat near the hotel which make it convenient.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jody L
Reviewed June 26, 2017

I am in transition of moving from an RV to a house. I needed a temporary place to stay. Another place Suggested Cornerstone. From the first time I walked in for information the staff was friendly and helpful. They offer weekly and monthly rates which fit in my plans and budget. Whether here for short or long term the best place in my opinion!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank GulfCoastInAL
Reviewed June 26, 2017

The hotels and Condos are very expensive in this area during the summer and Cornerstone Lodge offered the best value for 1 person staying just a few nights. I didn't realize There was a $60 rate jump per night on Friday and Saturday night so beware. It was relatively clean and in decent shape although the refrigerator had rust all over the bottom and a few other things needed updating. I enjoyed the small kitchenette with a refrigerator, full size sink, microwave and range top. There were no hangers in the closet so I had to make a trip to the dollar store and there is no iron and ironing board which I have come to expect in hotels. There is however a hair dryer and coffee maker which is nice. The Wifi was spotty but the television and reception were good.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo