“The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly...”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Foley
New Orleans
“The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly...”
Reviewed 24 May 2011

The Good:
- Clean Rooms. No complaints here. The housekeepers were also very friendly.
- Very reasonable rate for the area.
- Lots of restaurants within walking distance and the outlet mall is right next door.

The Bad:
- Room was not cleaned when we checked in. We had to wait in the parking lot for a half hour. Not what I wanted to do after a long day's work.
- The front desk clerk was less than hospitable. (see "The Ugly")
- Fire alarm for the entire hotel roars to life for a half hour around 1am. No fire but staff were unable to shut it off.

The Ugly:
After coming back to the hotel after dinner, we notice at least 3 police cars parked in front of the lobby. We waited, at a distance, to see what all of the fuss was all about. Thirty minutes pass before the police emerge with the front desk clerk in handcuffs and put him in the back seat of a patrol car. It was very upsetting to see because we have no idea what he is being arrested for but with three patrol cars responding, it couldn't have been good. who knows what goes on at this hotel? When I asked about the incident, the check out clerk said she couldn't comment on it.

Overall, I can't risk my personal safety over the value of this hotel. As travelers, we expect to feel secure when we check in. When staff are involved in illegal activities, our safety is severely compromised. I strongly advise you against staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank lotsotravlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ruston, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 May 2011

On April 30, 2011 my wife and I traveled to Orange Beach, Al via Foley, Al. using Choice Hotels® Friends and Family Rate. Upon arrival at check in, i explained to the front desk that we would be using a different method of payment at check out. The attendant lied to us and stated that he would not charge my card during his audit. When we got to the room it was sticky and nasty. The shower was rusty, mold on the shower curtain and roaches in the room. Contacting the front desk attendant was not helpful in accommodating our problems, or helpful with directions being that we were traveling from out of town (Louisiana). They made us feel as if we were bothering them with our questions and issues with the room. This was totally unsatisfactory and the guest service was of poor quality. Not only that, I still have a pending charge for the hotel stay on my credit card for the room stay even though I paid cash for the stay. So we've been charged twice for this bad experience on our Anniversary. This place really sucks.

Room Tip: My advice is to pay extra to stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Foley hotels

Mattoon, Illinois
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I am a travel agent who booked this hotel for my clients and am writing this review on their behalf with some of my own personal experience with the property included.

I can honestly say that if I were to find myself in Foley, Alabama with only this hotel as an option, I would probably stay in my car rather than deal with this hotel. Both I and my clients were treated in a completely unethical and rude manner.

1. Clients arrived at 10 p.m. after an entire day's drive to a room that hadn't been cleaned. After being informed there were no other rooms and much run-around, a cleaning person was called in to deal with the room. Clients got in after midnight and were told that night would be complimentary and possible the next two of their stay.
2. The next morning, the story changes. Now the room isn't free because it had eventually been cleaned. Keep in mind the reservation had been pre-paid by credit card.
Again, after much run-around, I call the hotel manager to find out what is going on. This guy is just plain RUDE. He basically called my clients liars and said he didn't care what they were told at the front desk, HE and only HE had the authority to comp. the rooms. He told me though that he would probably comp. them. OK. fine.
3. The circus of incompetence continues. I had originally booked the clients for 2 nights but then added 1 extra night on a separate reservation. This one was also pre-paid. My clients are told that the rate for the third night is substantially more than was quoted even though the reservation was PRE-PAID. I sent the clients an additional copy of the confirmation and that was straightened out.
4. The clients are then told that the entire 3 nights would be complimentary. Awesome. Thanks.
5. The morning of check-out, clients go to breakfast at 8 a.m. and there is almost nothing left. Hotel tells them they are out of all beverages except water. They ask for sausage...and get 4 links. Also no plastic forks so the waffle had to be eaten with their fingers. Then...check-out...this one really kills me. The hotel gives them a statement for their third night but REFUSES to give them one for their first two! When they asked for the manager's last name, the employee REFUSES to give it!

I wish I had checked this site as I usually do before I booked the clients. The negative reviews apparently speak for themselves. My clients actually came down to Alabama for the memorial service of the client's daughter-in-law. This hotel made their trip much more stressful. Avoid it.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank RickyC
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 November 2010

had a condo rented but got to the gulf a day ealry. all we needed was a bed and shower so we chose this motel because the lobby was very clean and nice and the rate was the best of the several we checked. we absolutely loved it. the beds slept great, had fridge, microwave in room with many food item amenities. we enjoyed a free hot breakfast that was great. the staff was super friendly and every employee went above and beyond with anything we wanted. room was clean and comfortable and had a computer in the lobby for free use. if it had been on the beach i would have canceled the condo and stayed right there. if i need another night there i will go straight to this motel. i highly reccoment it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 July 2010

This hotel was terrible! Between the mold in the shower in the cramped bathroom and the several bugs I had to kill this was an awful experience. It was so humid in our room the if something got wet it never dried and the sheets always felt damp. Speaking of sheets, our sheet had a big gross stain on it! There are four good things about this hotel :
1) free breakast
2) close to the gulf
3) the Outlet Mall & location of restaraunts
4) CHECKING OUT!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Huntington, WV
Reviewed 29 December 2008

We visit Foley, Alabama this Christmas, spent 5 beautiful days. We got a room at the Hamilton Inn, it cost $85 a night, room was very clean, and every day they cleaned the room. Breaksfast was superb, different hot food every day. Example Monday, bacon, eggs, coffee (3 kinds), bagels, pastries, milk, juice, oatmeal and other things to eat. Did have waffles, french toast, and in the eveing had some kind of snacks. Had free snacks, and staff was always available should you need to know how to go to a restaurant. Lambert's was 2 blocks away, yes they do throw hot rolls, there are a wide variety of restaurant in easy driving distance. The Gulf of Mexico is only 8 miles down Rt. 59 and it is a public beach, and 45 minutes is the Gulf Islands National Seashore, almost 8 miles of pure white sandy beaches. Cost $8 a carload, and it is good for 7 days. There is a small zoo, only 5 miles from the Hampton Inn, you have to see it, it is not expensive but it is a must see. Also, only 20 miles away, just off I-10 going toward Mobile, Ala. is a huge shopping mall, and right next door you have the Tanger Mall Outlet, over 200 stores. Should you want to visit Florida, it is only 45 miles, straight out Rt. 58, and it takes you into Penescola. The personnel at the Hampton Inn, treated my wife and I like royalty. Best of all we also saw first hand, that this is the way they treated all the guests, just like they were family. When we left, they fixed 2 nice lunches for us, and we enjoyed every morsel, during our 13 hour return trip to Ohio. Hope you will check out a Hampton Inn, and see for yourself. For the best vacation check out Foley, Alabama, it is well worth it. Yes, I wore my Trip Advisor Hat, Thank YOU!

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 28 June 2008

I picked this hotel because of previous experience with Hampton Inn hotels. With several restaurants near and the proximity to the outlet, I thought this property was a win-win. Big mistake!

Pros: The high-speed internet was great.

Cons: The rooms were filthy and corners were filled with spider webs. The bed was adequate, but the floors were in dire need of a good shampooing. What put this visit over the edge was a cricket infestation revealed during a late night bathroom visit. Crickets! Lots of them!

Hampton Inn has their 100% Guarantee etched in the front desks, so I quickly took advantage!

I expected more from a property under the Hilton umbrella. Travelers, please looks somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foley
0.4 km away
1.3 km away
#1 of 10 in Foley
9.4 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gulf Shores

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!