“Little pricey for average food”

DeSoto's Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #22 of 176 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Are you looking for the perfect reason to book a beach vacation to Alabama's southern shores? If you've always needed a reason to feel the warm southern waters wade across your toes, then let Desoto's Seafood Kitchen be your motivation. Located in Gulf Shores, AL, this one-of-a-kind family restaurant provides locals and travelers alike with the region's best seafood dishes. Voted "Best Seafood" by the community for more than 10 years in a row, this locally owned and operated kitchen is changing the way people approach, enjoy, and think about fresh seafood. Located only blocks away from the white sandy beaches of Alabama's southernmost coast, their laid-back beachy atmosphere and large airy dining room offer something for the whole family to enjoy. Whether this is your first experience trying local, fresh-from-the-ocean food or you're looking for a place that truly cares about the quality of the food they serve, there's no better place for a delicious meal than Desoto's Seafood Ki
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I know this is a tourist area, so prices are assumed to be high. We had a family of 7 and I feel each meal was about $5 each too high for the quality. Service was excellent. Wait was decent for 7pm, about 30 minutes.
The coconut shrimp was pretty good. A few orders of scampi fettuccine went over well. Fried green tomatoes seemed flavorless. Crab legs were prepared correctly and portion was fair. Crab cakes were not very good.
The atmosphere was pretty bland. Seems like overdue for remodel as carpeting was filthy or stained.

1  Thank JHKy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,332)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Our family very much enjoyed our dinner on our visit during Christmas vacation. We had a variety of dishes, fried and broiled and enjoyed them all. Not overcrowded, excellent service, scrumptious food and moderate price. Something for everyone.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Stumbled on this a few years back...and have made it a must go to every time we come back. Love the bread!!! And I’ve only gotten the fried butterfly shrimp. It is fresh!!!! Delicious!!!! And I’m a Louisiana girl!

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our last dinner in Gulf Shores at DeSoto’s. First: I checked Yelp for reviews and learned that you could put your name on the waitlist. Entered my name at 6:01pm, arrived at 6:35pm and was seated almost immediately. We saw families still waiting as we received our food, so keep this tip in mind and check in on Yelp!

Second: the food was excellent. We are from Illinois, so good fresh fish from the ocean is hard to come by. We all ordered a seafood dish and no one was disappointed! The food came quickly, fresh, hot and service was great.

Lastly: Save room for dessert and get the key lime pie. Wow! It was creamy, decadent and citrusy.

I had the Caribbean Platter and wish I could’ve had more of the coconut shrimp! That was by far the best coconut shrimp I’ve had anywhere.

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

We went here for dinner. Ordered a kids meal of shrimp, which tasted so bad no one could eat them. Another meal we paid for, but got tossed out.
My Husband ordered the pound of crab legs to split with our Daughter. Just to let you know, they charge 2.00 for an extra plate. We didn't know that until we got the bill.
Coconut shrimp were delicious & fried shrimp were good, too.
Not sure if I'd dine here again. Restaurant seems old & floor was dirty. For the price, I'd probably try somewhere else.