“Little pricey for average food”

De Soto's Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #24 of 167 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I know this is a tourist area, so prices are assumed to be high. We had a family of 7 and I feel each meal was about $5 each too high for the quality. Service was excellent. Wait was decent for 7pm, about 30 minutes.
The coconut shrimp was pretty good. A few orders of scampi fettuccine went over well. Fried green tomatoes seemed flavorless. Crab legs were prepared correctly and portion was fair. Crab cakes were not very good.
The atmosphere was pretty bland. Seems like overdue for remodel as carpeting was filthy or stained.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our family very much enjoyed our dinner on our visit during Christmas vacation. We had a variety of dishes, fried and broiled and enjoyed them all. Not overcrowded, excellent service, scrumptious food and moderate price. Something for everyone.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stumbled on this a few years back...and have made it a must go to every time we come back. Love the bread!!! And I’ve only gotten the fried butterfly shrimp. It is fresh!!!! Delicious!!!! And I’m a Louisiana girl!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed our last dinner in Gulf Shores at DeSoto’s. First: I checked Yelp for reviews and learned that you could put your name on the waitlist. Entered my name at 6:01pm, arrived at 6:35pm and was seated almost immediately. We saw families still waiting as we received our food, so keep this tip in mind and check in on Yelp!

Second: the food was excellent. We are from Illinois, so good fresh fish from the ocean is hard to come by. We all ordered a seafood dish and no one was disappointed! The food came quickly, fresh, hot and service was great.

Lastly: Save room for dessert and get the key lime pie. Wow! It was creamy, decadent and citrusy.

I had the Caribbean Platter and wish I could’ve had more of the coconut shrimp! That was by far the best coconut shrimp I’ve had anywhere.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went here for dinner. Ordered a kids meal of shrimp, which tasted so bad no one could eat them. Another meal we paid for, but got tossed out.
My Husband ordered the pound of crab legs to split with our Daughter. Just to let you know, they charge 2.00 for an extra plate. We didn't know that until we got the bill.
Coconut shrimp were delicious & fried shrimp were good, too.
Not sure if I'd dine here again. Restaurant seems old & floor was dirty. For the price, I'd probably try somewhere else.