“AVOID THIS HOTEL!! Horrible service, rude manager/staff and incredibly filthy room”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Trust all of the poor reviews on this hotel and avoid. I wasn't even going to leave reviews for the hotel because I guess I got what I expected after reading all of the other horrible reviews, but decided to ignore them and try the hotel out for myself. But I have changed my mind after being treated poorly by Irena, the manager on duty. We left a night early due to the horrible hotel condition, but unfortunately we left a very pricey shampoo/cond set. I called Tues night and the lady that answered was very nice and said she would get it and leave at the front desk for our friends to pick up the next morning. She said if I didn't hear back from her, everything was fine and they would be at front desk. When I called the next morning the set couldn't be found, and I was told I would get a call back within 30 minutes, but I did not receive it. I finally got a call this morning and was told that they could mail the set to us. A little while later the manager on duty, Irela, told me they will have to send the set COD. I will admit, this upset me bc we were told by a staff member that the set would be up front for pick up yesterday, and that did not happen. Irela immediately changed her tone and rudely told me that it wasn't her or her staffs fault that I left the set. I understood it wasn't their fault, and started to explain to her that we were already told by her staff that it would be ready for pick up, but she kept interrupting me, and when I raised my voice and asked her to let me finish, she HUNG up on me. I called back and she told me that I will not talk to her that way, and she hung up on me again. After that, I called many more times with absolutely NO answer from the front desk. I immediately called Choice Hotel customer relations to report her rude and poor customer service-- after I explained what happened the CSR put me on hold to call the manager on duty, Irena. She informed Choice Hotel customer relations department that they will not be doing anything to help with our complaints. The staff was completely rude. It took us over an hour Monday morning to get fresh towels after I asked three separate staff members that were cleaning rooms on our floor. They all had headphones on so I had to literally flag them down to get their attention, and then when I asked for something they would roll their eyes. The tub and bathroom was filthy and smelled like urine. There was no water pressure, to the point where it wouldn't even wash the soap from our bodies. The tub wouldn't drain properly so we couldn't even take a bath because of old standing shower water. I could go on and on--- There is a difference between a cheap hotel, and an outright filthy hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel like the plague
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 July 2017

what can you do on last minute,decision .we have to stay close to the beach and it was last hotel that no one want.tha's why they still have opening on last day of the holiday. sorry qualit in .i have stayed in other hotels of your chains before .and it was not this bad.this hotel needs lots and lots of work. the service was ok. people were friendly .yet lack of hotels experience.once again.desperation for last minute stay or sleep in your car.

Room Tip: book vacation way a head and plan or you will end up doing like we did.noisy street. non working eve...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel was very clean and close to the beach, restaurants and shops. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again, if we are ever in the area. We left too early to have breakfast.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Not worth the price. But distance from beach and Wal-Mart pretty nice. Hotel is near to a lot of dining in the area. Pool was indoors that was neat but could use some updating. Staff very nice! Just need a few upgraded and landscaping.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2017

My experience at this hotel started with them messing up my reservation dates. I was supposed to be there for 6 nights and they had it for only five. My friend nd I were then given room 218. When we got to the room we checked around. The carpet and sheets were both dirty, the room smelled of smoke, and the water pressure in the bathroom was none existed. It barley drizzled. So I went downstairs and asked to be moved. They moved us to room 220. Water pressure was the same. The manager gave us a excuse that it was because everyone was using the shower at that time which is why the pressure was so low. That was not true. Throughout this entire week we tried taking a shower in the morning, afternoon, and even at night. Nothing changed. The water pressure was so horrible it took an hour and a half just to get the sand out of my hair. On our second day in this hotel we returned from the beach, my friend jumped in the shower and not two minutes the floor was soaked. The toilet had water flowing out of it even though it hadn't been used all day since we were gone since 6am that morning. We then had to wait an hour an half for them to clean the mess up before we could finish a shower.
This was just the beginning of the many issues that arose from this hotel. 85% of all the amenities that this hotel advertises for are out of order or do not exist. The hot tub was out of order, the sauna was broke, their is not a gym, the dryer is broke, the washer is broke, and god forbid you ask to speak to a manager because they are rude and unhelpful. Lets not get started on the breakfast which was pretty much cold bagels and cereal.
I ask the front desk lady, Linda, when the hot tube would be fixed and she just said "I don't know, when it gets fixed." So I asked her if anything in the hotel works because we are paying a lot of money and re not getting half of what we re paying for. That's when she got really rude and started making comments like "Does your bed work? Does the lamp work? Then your getting what your paying for." I walked away at that point so I did not say anything rude. I later asked to speak to the manager (shoulder length blonde hair and a strong accent). The manager did not even pretend to care. I made the same points to her about how we are not getting what we at paying for because nothing is working such as the water pressure and the only thing she said to me was, "What do you want me to do I'm not a plumber." She continued to get rude. I left with my friend to cool off but at not point during this interaction did I get rude, smart, or cuss at them like I really wanted to. The next day she tired to pull me and my friend aside to say she got rude with me because her employee Linda, the rude one, told her I called her a b**ch. Just to be clear this never happened. I even advised the manager to pull the footage and audio to listen to her employee getting rude with not just me but the man that was behind me waiting. She didn't want to do that but continued to give me excuses . This was just some of the horrible experiences that happened at this hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. You will not be getting half of what you are paying for. You will get nothing but rude and horrible service and no attempt will be made to rectify the situation. Stay at your own peril.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank rochellecole22
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Last minute hotel room for the night after a Buffett concert. The lady working the desk on 6/6 was friendly. The room was clean and comfortable, but the bathroom looked dated. The breakfast would get get a 0 star. That was a joke. The indoor pool area looked nice.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Upon entering the hotel looks fine. The lobby was clean. The room looked clean. Throughout the week various problems began to arise. The A/C was sporadic at best. The amount of humidity in the room was beyond ridiculous. The "heated pool" was not heated but was still warmer than the hot tub. There were never towels in the pool area but once asked for, the staff would bring them right away. The fire alarm went off in the middle of the night two different nights while we were there. The first time the staff came around telling us there was no emergency, a guest was smoking in their room. The second time they just turned off the alarm. We had to call the desk to find out what happened. Same reason as the first time. The pillow suck, bring your own. For a free breakfast, it's not too bad. There are both hot and cold choices. The coffee leaves something to be desired.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family