“Recommended by A Local Even Though We Don't Like Oysters”
Review of Acme Oyster House

Acme Oyster House
Ranked #18 of 179 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Description: Lively New Orleans-based chain offering oysters, po' boys, gumbo & other Cajun-Creole classics.
Reviewed February 13, 2018

We drove to Gulf Shores to check it out and ask a local where to eat. My husband explained that we are not much on seafood and she explained that everything at Acme was good. The restaurant is huge with a nice bar and outdoor seating. It was clean and our service was very good. I had a difficult time deciding what to order so I asked for his expertise. I was pleased that he was honest. I haven't had Rice and Beans since I was in New Orleans last year so I ordered that with the sausage and a side of Hush Puppies which were delicious. I was disappointed in my rice and beans dish as it lacked flavor. Also, the sausage skin was so tough my knife wouldn't cut it. My husband ordered the shrimp platter which he enjoyed.

Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

Tonight I ordered the Fried Oyster Salad and my husband got the Fried Shrimp Platter . He LOVES good fried shrimp and said it was “OK” - but not near ”Flippers” (Orange Beach) quality which is his favorite. I was so surprised and disappointed in the quality of my salad. Of the 6 or 7 fried oysters, 4 were “rubbery” - 2 were so rubbery, I literally couldn’t get them chewed, and 2 had long “grissly” strings that got stuck in my teeth... I have never had that happen anywhere! Then I found the white “core end” of the iceberg lettuce mixed in the greens. Not sure what happened, but that was not the meal I had looked forward to... (2 Stars for previous visit and the decor)

Reviewed February 10, 2018

Their fresh oysters on the half shell and grilled oysters are truly outstanding.
Also the New Orleans Medley is really good and offers a taste of three items. The gumbo is outstanding.

Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

The best raw oysters always. We rely on Acme, after going to them in NOLA. The soups/stews are also excellent. Great addition to a dozen oysters. We will be back weekly.

Reviewed February 6, 2018

Very nice room, knowlegible server, I had a dozen raw, very nice and plump. The Muffaletta was alas a minor disappointment. I've had the original Central Grocery and a few other versions. This one was just "ok", no red onion and skimpy with the olive tapenade. Others in our party liked their fish. A good selection of Ibita beer too. Recommended.