See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 31, 2015

I booked this slum through Hotwire and man did I get the shaft, where to begin? Check in was slow and no one in the staff seemed to care or be in any hurry to do anything. The room stunk and we had a lamp in our room that looked as though it came out of the trash. Carpet was in terrible shape and was coming up in several places. Bedside lamps weren’t plugged up. Bathroom door would hardly shut and looked like someone tried to punch a hole in it. Air conditioning unit looked like someone had beaten it with a hammer, had cracked and broken plastic pieces, but at least it worked. Some of the outlet covers were barely hanging on the wall. We didn’t have a garbage can in our room, no iron, and the safe didn’t work. We only had two (2) towels in the room and when I went to get more the staff seemed more concerned with making personal phone calls than dealing with customers. Ice machine was broken. This hotel looks like a haven for meth heads and is best described simply as a “Dump”.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mark H
Reviewed May 24, 2015 via mobile

We booked a trip for Memorial Day weekend and just wanted a room on the cheap for a few nights. It's way overpriced for the quality. It's in an excellent location, but that's all it has going for it. Our room had a wet floor, smelled musty, bathroom smelled like bad B.O. Mold on bathroom ceiling, hole in front wall where a car apparently tried to drive through it once. We had 5 in a small room and had to ask for a roll away bed too. I'm pretty sure prisoners get a better breakfast than the one they have here. The place should be torn down and a new more friendly place put here.

Stayed: May 2015
2  Thank kcaswell
Reviewed May 16, 2015 via mobile

I 100% understand that you get what you pay for and we booked this hotel over a festival weekend however this place should be condemned! I could tell we had made a huge mistake when we had to call the hotel because they had rebranded and we didn't know where we were. Magnuson Inn, Days Inn, Travel Lodge? Who knows, the point is unless you don't mind filth and horrendous mold smell DO NOT STAY here. My husband had prepaid $385 for the room for three nights so I was hoping we could stick it out. I just couldn't do it after one night and so wether sucked it up and booked at the Marriott down the street. I'm sure we are out the
money but sometimes mistakes are expensive and this may have been one of them. I recommend spending a few extra dollars and not staying here. If I could I would give this a negative star rating. I'm just hoping we don't get double charged because the also made a photo copy of my husbands credit card.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Nicole12783
Reviewed April 10, 2015 via mobile

Well to start this off..I'd sleep in my truck before I sleep in this place. When we got there they could not find our reservation so after about 30 mins they found a room to put us in then they tell us that they only have one hard copy key so we would have to get the key from the front desk everytime we wanted to enter the room which made me uncomfortable then when we walked in the room it just looked dirty it smelled like they bombed the room with a can of Lysol the lights did not work the air conditioner did not work the paint on the ceiling was peeling off it was just gross. We walked in looked at it went back to the front desk got our money back and stayed at staybridge suites which blew this place out the water....THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Bduvic
Reviewed April 9, 2015

Worst hotel experience in a long time. Apologize for the long review but it was a long experience.

Issues started when we couldn't find the hotel because the sign is still for Travelodge. Called the hotel to try and find them and got a very short, rude answer that it was the Travelodge.

Check-in process was terrible. Right after I told the clerk my name her manager proceeded to lecture her on how she didn't check out other guest who left that morning. She then decided to spend the next 10 or so minutes checking out all of the guest while I was standing there.

Then come to find out the Discover card I used to book the room was not an accepted card type for the hotel, little concerning that it went through online but again no big. I gave her a new card to use and when she handed it back I grabbed it from her. Small detail but will be important later in our interaction.

While waiting another guest came in complaining his room key wasn't working. She told him that even though he was checked in for 2 night they intentionally deactivated his room key. This understandably upset him and he casually tossed the keys on the desk to pass them to her to reactivate. At this point she calls her manager to have him come back up front because the guy is being rude, throwing stuff at her, and disrupting others....which having observed it was totally not what happened.

The other guest backs off and waits for his keys. Instead of attending to his keys the clerk goes back to checking me in. After I sign for everything she informs me that the room I'm staying in doesn't have a room key and can only be accessed by the master in, in which case she has to meet us at the room and let us in the rest of the evening. I found this unacceptable since I didn't want to spend my evening having to have someone let me into a room that I had to access to. When I asked her if there was another with a working key she said not right now and I would have to come back in a couple of hours.

At this point the guy waiting for his keys is upset it's taking so long and the clerk is just being incredibly rude. Telling him that he has to stop treating her, yelling, etc...none of which he was doing. She was also being very rude to me while I was trying to figure out the room situation.

After dealing with this situation for 30 minutes I decided that I didn't want to wait to get another room after the first was unacceptable. So I had her cancel my reservation so I could go somewhere else. I asked for a receipt showing I wasn't staying the night which she refused to give me, some excuse that they couldn't print it. I asked her to have her manager come print me something or sign something saying they weren't going to charge me.

She calls the manager again and tells him about the guy who is yelling at her and the chick who is grabbing things from her hands and also yelling at her. This being the guest who is still standing by the wall waiting for his key and in reference to when I grabbed the credit card she returned earlier. At this point I'm upset and the other guest is upset about how we are being treated. Somehow talks of calling the cops gets brought up, and she kicks him out. The guy leaves the lobby with no issues while his wife waits for the keys. Finally they get their room key and move on.

That leaves me standing there waiting for the manager. Two other walk in guest come in and the clerk starts complaining to them about how rude and inconsiderate I was being. This goes on for a few minutes before I mention that I'm standing right there and to please not talk about me to other guest, this does nothing to stop her.

Finally the manager comes up to the front desk, maybe 45minutes after the clerks first call to him. The clerk starts telling him how we have wronged her and what not. My boyfriend and I kept trying to bring the conversation back to the point that we just wanted a receipt and then we will leave. We also made mention to him that his clerk has been very rude to us the whole time we were there. Instead of apologizing or trying to make the situation better the manager starts yelling at us that we were the ones being rude and he wouldn't serve us. He finally gives me a receipt showing I didn't stay and then proceeded to kick us off his property. We had no issues leaving and the only reason we stayed so long was because I wanted proof they shouldn't charge me.

All in all this was a terrible situation. Not only am I shocked about how rude the clerk was but also by the lack of professionalism exhibited by the hotel manager. First the manager shouldn't criticize his employee in front of guest, should of come to the front at the clerks first call, and should of taken care of my request for a receipt without any additional incidents. Also the desk clerk really should of cared more about customer service and also exhibiting some level of professionalism.

All in all I will never look at staying at a Magnuson hotel again, nor will I recommend the brand to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple