All reviewsfire pitopen doorroad noisefavorite hotelfront desk staffwafflesthe breakfast areaearly checkthe kitchen staffa great staygalleria mallhome away from homewe've stayedvery nice hotelexcellent customer servicequiet roomone night stay
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

4 of us stay here every year for a week. Love the hotel, the rooms, staff, amenities, and the food. The oatmeal is wonderful. We bring our dogs and they live the hotel too. Great location for the tourney!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Costel H, General Manager at Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Thank you for your kind review and we look forward seeing you next year !

Reviewed July 15, 2017

My daughter and I have no complaints about this property -we loved it. Tia is just a jewel!!!! She is always friendly, welcoming, a hard worker, passionate for what she does and an assertive woman! She can fix anything. Regarding the property it was nice and clean with a good size clean pool and fire pit sitting area. Great location close to Galleria Mall and many nice restaurants. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Housekeeping is very efficient and friendly Toya, Jackie, and Amber are always willing to help and will go out of the way to make you feel welcome - if we ever needed anything they would help us. very efficient and friendly staff. Cant forget Jasmine in the kitchen breakfast was always wonderful and eating area cleaned as fast as possible. Eating are nice and clean. Good food. Very dog friendly

Room Tip: Depending on what weekend
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for business and not only was the older male mgr very unprofessional but markiese jones was very rude. I thought the rudeness was possibly just a bad day but observed his rudeness with another customer. The hair in the tub and the rudeness is not worth the risk of staying here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Costel H, General Manager at Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Dear "dontstay"
Thank you for taking time to provide us with valuable feedback about your stay .Please accept our apologizes if we failed to provide an excellent stay for you .We are addressing the issues you raised and we hope to be able to provide a memorable experience on your next trip .
Once again , thank you for your feedback !
Costel Hofman
GM

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I stayed here for one night with my family while passing through. I had reserved a 2 BR suite, but they were full, so I was given two king suites with a connecting door. It worked just fine. Anytime I walked past the front desk, whoever was working made sure to say hi and they frequently asked if there was anything I needed. I also used the fitness room, and it was nice for that size hotel. It has a weight bench with weights, an elliptical, and two treadmills. The three cardio machines have individual TV screens that worked if that's something you use. The pool was popular and looked nice, but we didn't use it. Last, the hotel is in a convenient location near I-459 but not right on it. It's easy to access and a short drive down the road to a variety of restaurants. If I were passing through again, I'd definitely start with this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side opposite the pool are probably a little quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2017

We stayed in this hotel in the way to New Orleans. It was a great accommodation and everything was in working order and the service staff was exceptional. Teresa did a fabulous job in the breakfast area and had all things in order. Tia at the front desk was wonderful and helped us tremendously. She helped us make sure our accommodations in Metairie/New Orleans were ready and set for early check-in if we needed it. We will make our stop here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family