“Once again great food”

Ranked #1 of 180 Restaurants in Hoover
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Description: Back in 2004, Kash along with some classmates had decided to plan a restaurant for their senior level marketing class at UAB. The project took the full course of the semester and after several grueling months of research they came up with an idea to start a seafood restaurant with a beach feel. The final business plan was to be presented in front of a group of investors. Following the presentation, the investors stated that as long as the business plan was followed, it would be successful. Hearing their response they decided to give it a shot. They figured they would not have a hard time getting started as they had some connections with a large seafood supplier in Bayou La Batre, Louisiana. The original concept had been to have a seafood market as well as a restaurant. So naturally they started off as just a seafood market and decided to grow into the restaurant side. Once they started the restaurant side however, business was kicking off well. The market side was eventually shut do
Reviewed April 11, 2017

We love Jubilee's Joes. We went again for a belated triple birthday celebration with another couple. I was the only one without a birthday in the past couple of weeks. Two of us got the Stuffed Grouper and enjoyed it. I also got the gumbo, a little spicy for me, but still good. My wife got crab claws with crab bisque. All in all an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed April 4, 2017

Stopped for a quick lunch between rounds on the golf trail. Strip mall location doesn't look like much from the outside. Restaurant was much larger on the inside with plenty of comfortable seating. Ordered the Cajun Crawfish Quesadilla, very tasty. Two-guy wait staff was hustling and attention was prompt.

Excellent experience overall!

Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

The waiter and service is great. We did not have to wait long for our food and the food was great. I had the Mahi fish grilled and my husband had The crazy shrimp pot.

Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

Found Jubilee Joe's to have excellent service and reasonable prices for quality of food. Charbroiled oysters were perfectly prepared and fresh shrimp were large and incredibly fresh. Great southern seafood with easy access for travelers wanting to indulge in quality southern food.

Reviewed March 10, 2017

My experience was that of regret. I regret traveling across town to be served cold food that should have been hot. I ordered the three side combo and the seafood platter. The seafood gumbo, crawfish etouffee and jambalaya were cold. The platter which included; shrimp, catfish, cold-steamed vegetables and warm cold slaw was awful . We sent back the sides and after 15 minutes the waiter-bartender brought the same food back and said the Chef would not redo the dishes. This was an absolute first for me, I've never heard of a chef denying a patron a redo on an eleven dollar dish. I would not recommend this place to anyone with a modicum of expectations.

2  Thank James F

Been to Jubilee Joe's? Share your experiences!