“Lunch”

Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Ribs. Pork. Chicken. Brisket. Hell, even sausage. All BBQ has the same three basic ingredients: smoke, meat and time. What makes it different is the amount, consideration and attention to each part of that recipe. That, and some really great bbq sauce, too. At Jim ‘N Nick’s, we pride ourselves on using the right ingredients, taking our time and honoring the traditions that brought us barbecue.
Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

Have eaten here many times always good nice variety of different food they prepare everything fresh and it is all good and would highly recommend it for lunch or dinner love the beef brisket and the pulled barbecue

Reviewed January 21, 2018

Don't get me wrong - my husband and I love Jim 'N Nick's and have enjoyed our dining experiences at other locations in Birmingham for years. Something is amiss at this location though. Food just isn't prepared correctly, service is "off", and they seem to run out of too many things too early in the evening. Jim 'N Nick's brisket is usually cooked to perfection and will literally melt in your mouth at other locations. However, at this location the meat is tough - truly a disappointment. My husband's Carolina Pork was another miss - no sauce nor tangy taste from the vinegar/mustard baste. Our corn muffins were cold, my coleslaw had an almond in it, and my husband's mashed potatoes had a black bean it in. Really????!!!!!

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Don’t miss this great barbecue spot! Specialty of the House is the Piggy Potato. The Piggy Potato is a huge baked potato with cheese, bacon, scallions and barbecue. It is delicious!
I ordered the “lunch size” and enjoyed every bite.
Service is prompt and friendly

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Always great food (try the bbq nachos), good service and atmosphere. And of course those cheese bisquits...

Reviewed January 16, 2018

I'm stuck next door during Snowmageddon 2018 hotel and thought I would walk through parking lot to BBQ. I rarely do BBQ but I got the 1/4 chicken and riblets with mac and cheese and fries as sides. The fires were cold, mac and cheese was yummy. I wish they offered more veggies for sides instead of carbs.It was extremely fast.