“This is the place for Pancakes; Very friendly and hospitable service”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #53 of 185 Restaurants in Hoover
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed April 23, 2017

We were immediately greeted by the hostess who accommodated my request for a booth. We waited over 10 minutes for our server to come to the table. I needed my coffee. I would have given them an excellent review but this long wait for my coffee and a greeting cost them one star in my review.

Cody was our server and was very apologetic as they changed stations and didn't let him know he moved to our area where our booth was. He made up for the wait with his excellent service. He was very friendly and hospitable as well as attentive to our table.

When you have a desire for pancakes, this is the place. The strawberry banana pancakes were incredible. Delicious. The coffee is always good.

This is our favorite go to breakfast restaurant. Keep up the good job and commend Cody for his excellent hospitality. We love this IHOP.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Haddon P

Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

First and foremost, the food was great, it typically always is. It was the service, that needed some attention.
The restaurant was pretty empty, we were taken to the left of the restaurant, close to the kitchen. We waited about five minutes before our server, Allyson, greeted us. By the time she came, we knew what we wanted so we ordered. We had our food and drink within five minutes, so this gave us plenty of time to observe what was going on around us.
We both are in the restaurant business, both in the management side of the business. We both noticed that there was absolutely no teamwork, with many empty tables in the restaurant, they continued to fill up Allyson's section, the sections around her also had serves, but the sections were not full or even close to being as full as Allyson's. All of the servers had to come out of the kitchen and walk by our table, each and every time, but no one asked if our server had been by, is we needed anything, not a word.
I'm sure this location does well, however just imagine how well you would do, if you all worked together as a team and treated every guest as your own guest, rather than by sections. Think about it.

Reviewed February 7, 2017 via mobile

Clean, good food, friendly, economical. Service slow. Nice that it is always open and has good healthy choices other than high starch pancakes.

Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

I came in for a to-go order. They were pleasant on the phone and also got my order to me quickly. Very friendly staff and the food was still hot when I got home and it tasted great! My favorite stop for breakfast anytime!

Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

The building itself is beautiful and clean. We have had courteous and sweet servers. Unfortunately the food takes a bit longer to come in. We have been at this location at least 7 times. Today my egg was a minute away from being cold and my rib tips was barely warm.

Date of visit: January 2017

Been to IHOP? Share your experiences!