“Midway stop for lunch between New Orleans and South Carolina 07/15”
Review of Jason's Deli

Jason's Deli
Ranked #15 of 180 Restaurants in Hoover
Reviewed July 25, 2017

My wife and I and our 17 year old daughter were driving, starting very early morning, from New Orleans area heading to South Carolina. About 11 am we were passing through Hoover on the Interstate and decided to stop at a reliable place - Jason's Deli.

I had the Turkey Reuben, my wife had the salad bar, and our daughter had a chicken wrap.

Most every Jason's Deli we stop in has clean and comfortable atmosphere, timely friendly service, and good quality food. This Hoover location was no exception.

We were back on the road in well under an hour, including my soft serve Ice cream before leaving.

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Always fresh ingredients, smells amazing and there really is something for everyone. My daughter usually gets the Mac and cheese from the kids menu and says it's the best in town. Tonight my husband got the Club sandwich and while we were eating, he said, "Remind me I got this next time. I'd like another next time." My son the vegetarian is happy with Jason's too. He loves that he feels like he's actually eating a vegetarian dish and not a bunch of sides. I had the salad bar this time. It's awesome - mini muffins, freshest lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes. Lots of toppings of every variety and different kinds of salads - potato, fruit, pasta salads. No disappointments here.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I can't say enough good things about this restaurant! The servings were huge for the price and they provided free soft ice cream. If that didn't suit, they had a nice dessert bar as well. I recommend the black bean salad, but other salads, sandwiches and soups were good, too. Added bonus: this place was right next door to my hotel!

Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

Ate here while staying in Hoover and liked it. The staff was nice and helpful. They have a large selection of sandwiches and desserts and a very nice salad bar, I would return.

Reviewed June 23, 2017

I just recently moved to the area, and needed a quick bite to eat for dinner. So my future in laws suggested this place. I ordered the Yankee sandwich, which is ironic because I am originally from New York. Not bad for a southern deli. It came with chips even though I asked for the lighter portion (for those of you who are health conscious, that means you can eliminate spreads like mayo or other toppings like cheeses or meats). Also, the water was broken on their drink dispenser, and I do feel bad that I got the lemonade even though I tried my best to get water. The ice cream at the end is nice, and is free with your meal. I really enjoyed this place, but I do think a one stop salad bar is not worth it (you can only make one trip to the salad bar, no buffet).

Been to Jason's Deli? Share your experiences!