Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great Place for a Graduation

The arena has lots of room and no bad seats so we could see the entire stage to watch our son... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Thomas T
Gymnastics Competition

I attended a gymnastics competition for young ladies at The Von Braun Center South Hall. The... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
slbmcp
Huntsville, Alabama

All reviews south hall concert hall nice venue hockey game trade show embassy suites excellent facility handicap parking large event civic center high school special events love this place vbc convention havoc acoustics
Reviewed February 12, 2018

This is a nice little convention center. I've been many times to set up conventions there and I must say, it is a pretty friendly place. My only wish is that there were a little more attractions around other than the one "zone" across the park. It's a long walk in inclement weather and there really aren't a lot of places to eat there.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed February 11, 2018

This venue is a series of spaces - a theatre, hockey arena, convention center, and is centrally located, easy to find in Huntsville. We went to the Probst Arena for an ice hockey game, and every seat was excellent. We were in the official second tier, in Section 221. Wow! It was only a few rows back from the action, and right in the middle of the field of play. Easy check in. Lots of food, lots of drink vendors, clean bathrooms. What more could you ask for?

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

First visit to this venue. I was very impressed with the layout and the cleanliness of the building. We we're at there for a hockey game and enjoyed the game food vendors especially the taco stand.
Parking was very easy and across the street for only $5.00

Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

The VBC playhouse is a nice intimate setting for various presentations. We’ve attended plays and ballets and now an opera here. This particular show was enjoyable and the children were quite precious.

Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

This is an updated review. Previous reviews I have it 5 stars, but recent changes have really put a damper on going there.
I do not know if it is under new management or what, but they are putting in new security procedures that maybe in theory are ok, but in practice they stink. At the arena there is ample room indoors for folks to stand In line to get in without disrupting anything and it has worked well in the past. Now to get into a sporting event they make you stand outside. The past few weeks temps have been in singe digits or low teens, but with wind chill feel like temps have been well below zero, yet they make you stand outside without regards to weather. I feel it is irresponsible to force singers and small children wait outside in line so freezing temperatures. Also It also is anyone’s guess if they will open disabled Entrance for season tickets holders. I have sent e mails and left phone messages without any response. To me it is clear that they do not put a high priority on customer satisfaction. Once you get into the arena security and ushers Are outstanding, and the hockey is fantastic, but management has taken some of the fun out of going to a hockey game.

Date of experience: January 2018