“Surprisingly Surprised”

LawLers Barbecue
Ranked #167 of 650 Restaurants in Huntsville
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: We are a chain of locally owned quick service barbecue restaurants that feature slow smoked hand-pulled bbq meats and southern sides. You order at the drive thru window (no speaker system!) so you get our full personalized attention. Inside diners order at the counter and your order is usually ready before you get your drinks. Rustic fishing decor theme. We strive for excellence in all we do and are here to serve YOU! Col. 3:23 Because we are just a "little barbecue joint" …not near as fancy or as famous as some…we know we must try harder to earn your business. We want to be faster, cleaner, and tastier. We cannot be everything to everybody, so we just want to be everything to YOU. LawLers Barbecue...Taste the difference!
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I hail from the great state of Georgia so I know my BeeBeeQ. I was skeptical at first, passed the store several times before actually stopping. I figured "no good Q can come out of a storefront and certainly not one without any customers lined up". I gave it a chance and boy oh boy oh golly gee am I glad that I did. I ordered something small the lunch bag special just to get a taste. This Q has to be some of THE BEST I have ever had....it must be the white sauce combined with the red sauce and the pulled pork with all of it's smokey deliciousness....OMG...this stuff is good! I tried the potato salad which tasted just like my Georgia grandma's. Never thought it could be duplicated but Lawler must have met my Grandma in his travels. If you are reading this, get in your car before it closes and get you some real tasty Q. I almost cried when I had to take that last bite. I loved it and I will be sampling everything the menu has to offer.

Jim K, Owner at LawLers Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Clm M you have made our day and week and maybe year with this OUTSTANDING review. You have affirmed our efforts to serve you with excellence...always. You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover or as you so eloquently stated...a bbq joint by how long the line is. We take great efforts to keep the lines short with FAST service. No waiting. Looking forward to seeing you again. God bless and OINK OINK

Reviewed July 26, 2017

Just finished eating a BBQ pork sandwich from Lawler's. They have excellent stuffed potatoes and plates as well, but the desserts are nothing to brag about. I do wish they served Coke instead of Pepsi.

Jim K, Owner at LawLers Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

We certainly don't have those homemade pies like many bbq joints do Archib42. Glad you love the rest of our food though! Thanks for eating with us often...we do appreciate it very much. Hurry back soon. God bless and OINK OINK

Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

Great service!!!

I would describe as fast food BBQ, and it pretty much is. Food is ready within minutes. Not your Alabama hometown BBQ place.

Sides= not homemade (not real good)
Ribs= ok (not much flavor and didn't taste fresh) Skin was tough.
Pulled Pork= Good
BBQ Sauce= Decent
BBQ Rub= Decent
White Sauce= needs improvement (stick to basics) Mayo, Sweetener/Sugar, Vinegar, Black Pepper

Did not try beef, turkey, or chicken.

Jim K, Owner at LawLers Barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2017

bbqboy16 you must be a bbq aficianados? Sounds like you know your stuff. Thanks for taking time to tell the world and us what you thought. Not sure what you mean by "not your Alabama hometown bbq place"... Our ribs must have had a bad day or we must have been off our game. Please forgive us. We can do better. And will try to next time. God bless and OINK OINK

Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for Lunch before visiting customer.
Had Pork plate with BBQ Beans and slaw
Pork was juicy and flavorful
Beans were good
Slaw was traditional vinegar based which is not my favorite but it was well prepared. Personal taste.
Clean and quick
Pricing fine
Will be back

Bill G we appreciate you eating lunch with us. And the review. Please come back to see us. God bless and OINK OINK

Reviewed April 12, 2017

Not my favorite barbque but it is becoming my mothers favorite. Barbque is such an individual taste. They have a great Wednesday special. Great potatoe salad.

That is one of the most unique reviews we have ever seen. Thank you. And thank your momma even more. Hurry back to see us. God bless and OINK OINK