“Small but clean and comfortable”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Huntsville
Ranked #40 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Birmingham, Alabama
“Small but clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The hotel was clean and comfortable, perfect for just one or two nights for a business traveler.
Quiet location, close to restaurants and the interstate.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Lovegooddining

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sandy Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Where ever I travel, I attempt to locate a Microtel Inn & Suites. I love their suites and I really enjoy the service and staff. Microtel Inn & Suites/Huntsville offered a friendly and helpful staff, and a clean hotel. My suite had a lovely view and was extremely cozy. I will stay here again in the future!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Waynesville, MO
Reviewed 16 March 2012

The hotel was clean, the grounds well kept, desk staff was not very friendly when we checked in late but the person on duty next morning was smiling and helpful. Traffic during the week days on Highway 72 is like any other commute area; very busy until about 9:00am. My wife always complains about the beds when we are traveling but not this time. May I suggest that your staff take their smoke break at the back area of the building not where your guests are arriving.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Me and 2 of my friends checked in the hotel about 7pm on March 3, 2012. We came to Huntsville to celebrate a friends birthday and got a hotel room because we didn't want to drive home after celebrating. After we checked in we went to the room and had TWO drinks and went out to dinner. There was no party, no loud music, and no bad behavior of any kind. We were 3 adults that had 2 drinks and went to dinner! When we came back about 3 hours later we couldn't get in our room and there was a sign on our door that said, "come to the front lobby". The night manager had gone in our room and packed up our stuff while we were out!!!!! He said WE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH LUGGAGE???? We came from a town an hour away for ONE NIGHT! Of course we didn't have a lot of luggage. We each had a small bag. This man went in our room and through our personal things because he thought we didn't have ENOUGH LUGGAGE? Are you kidding me? What gives him the right to decide how much luggage we need? There was NO REASON for us to be treated this way. I was completely shocked by this man and the decisions he made. He was not from the United States so I couldn't even understand half of what he was saying. He was arrogant and incompetent. He violated my rights by going through my personal belongings without my permission. He found a change of clothes and toiletries and kicked us out! What kind of customer service is that? We stayed there because it was one night and inexpensive. The fact that it was pretty much a dump wasn't too much of a factor because it was ONE NIGHT! Do not stay at this hotel. It's half-way cleaned, dingy sheets, dingy carpet and a complete moron for a Night Manager!!!! Never ever again.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel. The night manager is an idiot! If you don't bring enough luggage...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Emily T
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Incredibly friendly staff! Simple, clean accommodations! Pet-friendly!

I work in Huntsville regularly, and have just gotten a dog in the past few months. Surprisingly, there are few pet-friendly options in Huntsville. I'm so happy that I found this diamond of a hotel. The lobby, rooms and decor are simple but very clean, and the value simply can't be beat. Every staff member that I encountered loved my dog and she felt right at home from the first minute. I would work during the day, but come back to the hotel to let the dog out, feed her, etc. The owners live on site with their dog, and they offered to get her out and play with her from time to time. They even had an extra food and water bowl that I could borrow. The pet fee was so nominal for the entire week visit. We can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I moved from a terrible place to the Microtel. I was there for a sports event and booked a suite with fridge and microwave. The room was clean with excellent amenities for price. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. I was traveling with a dog, and my husband joined me later in the weekend, and we were all very well looked after. Location was perfect for walking the dog. Grounds were well maintained. Common areas were all well maintained. Housekeeping was excellent. We had a couple of special needs which were promptly attended to. Breakfast was good. It was a pleasure to be here after a truly frightening experience at another Huntsville motel.

Room Tip: The regular rooms do tend to be fairly small, but surprisingly well laid out. Space is well used. Bu...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jpizitz
Jackson, Georgia
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I work in huntsville about once a month, which has given me the chance to stay in a good many hotels.Some good but overly expensive, and some that was budget priced and kinda scary. But the best deal I have found is the Microtel in Huntsville. It is modern, extremely clean, and the staff are very friendly ( especially Ginny who has been very helpful ) and is super nice for the price. Nothing else in town compares with the quality/price ratio of this hotel.
This place is not a secret for being a nice place with a great prices which means it is often booked up, so be sure to make reservations in advance. Huntsville has a colledge and a big military base, as well as a big colleseum, so you sometimes all of the hotels are booked except for the ones you really are not going to want to stay at, so advance booking is very important.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business