“Good option near decent amenities”

Motel 6 Huntsville - Madison
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 22 June 2015

This location offered a great weeknight rate, so I gave it a try when other options were overpriced when I needed just a night's sleep.

This affordable option is reasonable to the airport, and if all you want is sleep, give it a try.

I visited after a trip to the US Rocket Museum. I walked in on a Thu evening, received the posted bargain rate, and got a very clean and comfortable room. The check-in staff was very friendly.

As a single woman, I felt completely safe. Even moreso when I noticed the security cameras all around the premises. I liked that Waffle House was just across the parking lot. A van from the cable company was there, figured they felt safe as well.

Not every room has fridge and microwave; be sure to ask. There is no elevator to second floor.
Watch for the giant potholes in parking lot.

Unlike many higher dollar options, there was a fan in my bathroom. I greatly appreciate this.
At the same time, I was a little disappointed that the bathtub drain was slow.

Good stay, good room.

Room Tip: Ask about microwave or fridge; not in every room. No elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank LilMissMuffet

Reviewed 19 April 2015

In April 2015, I only needed a good sleep for the night and shower in the morning, at an economical price. The lady at the front desk was nice and check-in was easy and fast. A security guard was sort of slouched in a chair near the small entrance area. Soon after entering the room, I found long strands of hair in many places - including a large one on my sheets. I had noticed a guy and girl come up the stairs behind me and enter the room beside me - they acted as though they had just met each other. A few minutes later the wall was shaking and they loudly shared their intimacy with anyone having an adjoining wall (or floor/ceiling) – and repeated this many times over the next 2-3 hours. Then they left as quickly as they arrived and did not return that night/morning.

Throughout the late night there were loud conversations in the parking lot and on the walkways. I would often get out of bed and look out the window and see a guy and gal that seemed to be getting acquainted with one another.

At one point I heard a loud male voice yelling in the parking lot and then a person inside a car was screaming hysterically (apparently out of fear) and appeared to be kicking the driver as the car sort of jerked its way out of the lot. I suspected an abduction may have taken place and that the security guard would report it, since she had been stationed at the office where the car would have passed with much commotion. However, when I asked about this incident in the morning they knew nothing of it.

I’ve since read other reviews that claimed prostitution, sex-trafficking, and drug use at this hotel; after my one night’s stay, I have NO reason to question these claims.

Another reason I would not recommend this hotel, is the traffic noise from the highway. The traffic lights cause the large trucks to stop, and start; which creates a lot of noise that is worse than just vehicles passing by.

Room Tip: This is Not the place for a good nights rest.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Roger W
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Huntsville - Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2015

We booked at the hotel next door originally, the Best Western. However, they had given our queen rooms away to other guests. We were tired, cranky, and the Motel 6 was our only option as everything was booked in the area. We got a great deal, slept okay, and survived the experience! Yes, hotel is totally a throwback, but you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank jellie2001
Reviewed 5 April 2015

The staff was very friendly. But the hotel needs a make over, rooms were musty and could have been cleaner. We were only there for 1 night, Have to pay for internet and the pool was dirty, did not swim in it. This location needs TLC

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank FLORIDASIB
Reviewed 30 January 2015 via mobile

Called housekeeper to bring sheets HE FORGOT. rooms shady needs more remodeling. Will not be staying here ever. When I checked in guy looked like he had been in a fight told us to give them all 10s. After this visit sorry that is not possible. I give this hotel a 2.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Huntsville - Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2015

Thomas, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We were so disappointed. We were there for 2 nights. They didn't even do the room service. Bed sheets were dirty too. When we complain about this they said they cannot give us the refund because we booked through Hotels.com.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The motel room was nice if not extravagant. We got plenty of ice and drinks which we found quite easily.
The check in was quick and a good price. There was a problem with some of the stairs having broken steps. It wasn't very bright in the stair well so I was a little afraid that I might fall. They were using bricks to prop up the concrete steps. They told us that they were getting ready to fix them but I think that they should have been fixed already.
My friend enjoyed her short stay with me and we had a good time.
The room was clean and the air worked well.

Room Tip: Ask before you check in to see the room and check the stair wells out to make sure that they have be...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends