“Do not stay here! ”

Motel 6 Huntsville - Madison
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I was coming back from the Mountains and he works in Madison so we figured we would just stay there instead of driving the rest of the way home, BIG mistake. We check in around 5pm and just ran in long enough to drop our bags off because we wanted to go see a movie that started at 6pm. We returned from the movies and my husband got in the shower to realize that it had hair still on the walls, and the commode was filthy but we looked over that. Then when we pulled the sheets back we seen pubic hair, urine stains and other hairs. We packed our stuff and returned the keys to the front desk and he asked why we was leaving and I told him why, he stated I'm sorry it's been 5 hours since you checked in I can not refund your money. I told him that was fine but I was not staying there. My husband and I went across the street to the Econo Lodge and had a clean room and fresh sheets! The health department needs to shut this motel down. I honestly believe that the sheets on our bed had not been washed since the last people that stayed there.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 June 2016

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. I had a stroke while staying here. I came back after an extended stay in the hospital. This place is kept very clean and the staff is professional, helpful and very friendly. The staff has been a great help to me before and after the stroke. Great pool, and your pets can come too.

Room Tip: They are all good, any of them
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank rocketcityshirts
Melissa W, General Manager at Motel 6 Huntsville - Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2016

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Motel 6 Huntsville, AL #8686.

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement; as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Walked into the room and the smell was awful. Employee came to the room and said thats the way the motel smells. Then told us we could come get some air freshener to spray in the room. Stains were also on the floor. We told the front desk we needed another room. Walked in and it was worse than the other. It was too late to go elsewhere so we toughed it out. I will never stay at Motel 6 ever again

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Melissa W, General Manager at Motel 6 Huntsville - Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

Dear Sir:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 Huntsville, AL #8686. Your feedback is very important to us.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

I stayed there for three days and I really enjoyed my stay. Rooms are well equipped, bright and no extra smells. Maintenance people are very good. Reception is very helpful and friendly. Especially, Gabby is the best!! Next time I'm in Madison I know for sure where I will stay.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank kamol_86
Melissa W, General Manager at Motel 6 Huntsville - Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

As you can see there's multiple blood stains on the carpet in the motel room. There's no alarm clock. And the people are overly rude. Especially the housekeepers. The checkout time on the door says check out time is at 12 but it's actually at 11. They're very rude as I've said and the place is disgusting the beds are also hard as rocks. I would HIGHLY not recommend anyone come to this place!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Melissa W, General Manager at Motel 6 Huntsville - Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2016

Dear David P:

Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

I've been staying here Dec. 15. I had a death in the family why I'm here , and trying find an apt . for our famy . I have harrassed . discriminated against. The manger here is not nice. She is now trying to tell me . we have to check out. Because I have been here 90 days I can't stay . I pay on time. We don't cause problems. My husband came from out of town. To stay with me and our two sons. She told me she doesn't like him. She can't tell me why. The girl Molly. Can be rude. And when she deals with takingy payment for the room. The prices jump around. And go up. I'm being charged for our pets. $25 a week. While other guest pets are are free. Something needs to be done. They never have enough linen. Your only aloud two towels . even if there is 4 people in the room. It's a night mare.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Melissa W, General Manager at Motel 6 Huntsville - Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2016

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations. Since we still have you with us lets try and make great happen for you.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

My room was ok, the remote does not work and the air conditioner is very loud but overall I am pleased with the staffing you have here. Housekeeping are very prompt and do a great job. Molly has been such a joy to have at the front desk and very helpful and very guest friendly. She has went out of her way to accommodate any of my needs and request with a smile on her face, even at 7 in the morning. I appreciate her keeping me in a safe room up front and just being a great employee.

Room Tip: female guest and families should be near the office or on the front area of the building
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Melissa W, General Manager at Motel 6 Huntsville - Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even , and by the way Molly says hi and she looks forward to seeing you again.