3,487 results
All reviewslobster shackgolf coursejiva spagarden villaplunge pooltex kidsitalian restaurantli baicoffee shopmiguel arcanjoprivate beachhuge propertymain buildingsea facingf bin room diningamazing property
Reviewed April 29, 2011

One of the best hotel stays ever. One piece of advice is to opt for the 'all meals' package. Initially, we were sceptical about what the buffet lunch and dinner would be like, but the food is absolutely delicious. And what a spread! The breakfast is also absolulely briliant. The facilities available at the hotel ensure that you do not need to step out for anything - a beautiful beach, a huge pool, cycles (the hotel is massive, and these really help), indoor and outdoor sports. You could also try your hand at archery!
We'll definitely go back and hope that we'll be earning enough to be able to afford the private villas.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sorbo1510
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Fabulous consistency. Food has really been improved. Amenities & pool still very clean. And the lovely, warm & affectionate staff. The kids have a blast. The parents get to unwind. It all comes together when we enjoy the sunset at the open air bar overlooking the sea.
All in all - pamper yourself to the Exotica as often as you can

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2011

We spent 8 nights at this hotel, following a tour of the Golden Triangle. Upon arrival, our cases were taken off us and put through the scanner, then stored in a corner of the luggage area. We were offered a towel and a drink and taken to the main reception area, where we were immediately seated on a comfortable sofa. A member of staff then joined us to check us in. He completed all forms for us and took copies of our passports. Following a quick run-down of amenities, we were escorted back outside where a golf buggy was waiting for us with our luggage loaded, which took us to our room at the far end of the hotel. All amenities of our room were explained and we were asked if we wanted our luggage unpacking and putting away into the wardrobe for us - we declined. The room consisted of a small reception hall with a large wardrobe, tea & coffee making facilities and a vanity area. The bathroom was extremely large with a large corner walk-in shower, bath, bidet and sink area. All luxury toiletries were offered, including disposable razor, toothbrush and day-to-day items. The bedroom itself had a tuck-away TV, a writing and a sitting area by the terrace doors, which led to the terrace with the most comfortable, oversized deckchair I have ever used, a private pool and a private garden with 2 sun loungers and a hammock, from where we could see the sunset and the sea and also the golf course was outside our room. Full room service was available, although we only used this for snacks, such as Club Sandwiches, which were very good. The room and all areas of the hotel were kept immaculately clean and the staff could not do enough for us. I asked for Rye bread one day and they didn't have it - the next morning the waitress offered me a plate of Rye bread and told me she had asked the chef to bake some as I had asked for it the previous day! The food and service were always excellent (we ate at the main restaurant and the Goan restaurant) although we did go to the little shack just along the beach for lunches, which never cost us more than around £6 for a 3-course with drinks for both of us! We were lucky to watch an Indian wedding one day (and night) in the hotel grounds, which was nothing but spectactular, complete with bride and groom arriving on elephants and the full ceremony. Bicycles were for hire (free of charge) from the main pool area, which came in handy, as our room was a quite a walk from the main hotel, where breakfast was being held. I could go on and on praising this hotel, but, all in all, this is a hotel I would return to anytime - it is the ultimate in luxury and an ideal place to get married.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Just t back from the most wonderful holiday at the Taj. So many of the previously highly favourable reviews of this hotel and it’s wonderful location have got it just right – it is near to paradise on earth.

The really outstanding features of this hotel are its wonderfully attentive and kind staff; superb pool area and stunning location just next top the Arabian Sea and Benaulim beach, and its beautiful and expansive tropical grounds. I can see why so many British tourists return to this hotel year after year. We loved the trips we took to Margao, with its fascinating market and the spice plantation with its elephants. This was our first trip to Goa/India and we found the people very friendly. Someone will make themselves a billionaire by starting off a re-cycling culture in India and may also clean up the terrible litter which spoils this otherwise fascinating country.

My only negative about the Taj are its very expensive alcohol prices. We booked half-board and enjoyed some superb food in its many and varied restaurants but wine prices are just plain silly. The result of this is that many people staying in the hotel leave it at lunch time to eat in the beach shacks or Joe Cons to sample lovely food and drink at absolutely bargain prices. This is such a shame as the chefs and restaurant staff at the Taj does such a wonderful job but are not rewarded by the amount of customers they deserve. I think if we went again we would go accommodation and breakfast but we would still have some meals in the hotel as the food is so good.

Would I go back to the Taj? Without a doubt and I would heartily recommend it to anyone, it truly was a memorable experience. Thank you so much to its wonderful staff.

Mick and Chris
Warrington

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2011

My wife and I have been to this top quality hotel several times, we travel a lot - being lucky enough to have retired - we haven't so far found anywhere else offering such comfort, service, location and much more.
Congratulations are due to the General Management and all his well trained staff. It's part of their routine to get to know your name the moment you arrive, makes one feel special!
Best time to visit is between November and end March when you'd be unlucky to see a cloud. With one of the world's best beaches - miles and miles of perfectly clean powder sand. A paradise for sun worshippers, there's always a light sea breeze, so no discomfort. Travel in the monsoon months might be unpleasant though?
I especially liked the golf course, short in length, but a lot of fun with a talented professional to take you around, ccarry your clubs (provided by the Taj), and find your lost golf balls!
All in all a very happy and pleasant experience, my wife and I will certainly return same time next year. We might spoil ourselves further by extending our stay. After all, it will span my 75th birthday celebration.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple