“Wonderful - Casa Aleixo!!”
Review of Casa Aleixo

Casa Aleixo
Ranked #37 of 221 Calangute B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I chose the location of this hotel to be close to all the night life, restaurants and bars, it appealed to me due to the great reviews about the hotels tranquility, providing the opportunity for some respite if we desired. This hotel did not disappoint, in fact it well surpassed my (greatest) expectations.
From the initial correspondence via email to the sad farewell, everything was so easy and the owner Wilfred and his lovely wife went out of their way to make our stay more memorable. The service they provided and their accomodating manner made life so easy and relaxed, they simply can't do enough for you.
There are ample bars and great restaurants nearby and the beach is a short walk without having to stay too long on what is a very very busy road (especially at Christmas and New Year). Bonny's beach shack was great, with some lovely food and the lobster at Bosco's shack was superb.
Breakfast at Casa Aleixo - lovely eggs, fresh fruit, cakes and goan bread were a great start to the day. The pool area is so peaceful, if you are lucky you may even get to see the monkey which popped by to take a drink!
The staff are lovely and always smiling.
The gardens are unbelievable, so pretty and well cared for - the wonderful aroma from the trees are a delight.
If you are looking for accomodation which is immaculately clean, comfy, close to all the amenities, beach and hustle and bustle of calangute and baga, then look no further. You could not fail to be impressed.
A big thank you to all at Casa Aleixo and I look forward to returning to see all of you some time in the future.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 January 2011

Casa Aleixo made our stay in Goa memorable! My partner and I originally booked 4 nights and loved our stay so much we extended our stay. I would recommend this hotel for any type of travelers heading to Goa.

The location is perfect, tucked away off the main road in between Baga and Calganute Beach. Both beaches are just a short walk away, there is beach access a block away. The grounds are just lovely! The property is gated, with a lovely lawn and garden in front of the property. In the back there is nice pool with lawn chairs around if you choose to enjoy the sun by the pool. In the property there is a huge shared living/dinning room with a balcony for all guest to enjoy. This is where breakfast is served daily.

The room was huge and very cozy for our stay. Our room had a/c which was great to come home to a cool room after a day at the beach. The bed was a bit softer than the Indian " hard as rock" bed standard. My only suggestion to them would be to have a bit nicer linens and bath towels.

The staff was there for all our needs. They were extremely friendly and went out of our way to make our stay comfortable. They allowed us to make local calls, since I had a friend who lived in Goa to arrange plans. Ulca, the manager/accountant who was onsite drove us to Panaji one day, to change our flight information with no charge. Also allowed us to use a laptop to use for email. The property was clean and well secure.

Breakfast was included, which we only had once during our stay. It was pretty basic. Eggs, toast, juice and choice of coffee and tea. Since the food in Goa is so tasty we decided to eat elsewhere but it was nice that they offered breakfast in the room rate.

Overall, we both loved our stay at Casa Aleixo and if we visit Goa again we would stay at Casa Aleixo without a doubt. Thank you Casa Aleixo and staff!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oneworldtraveler27
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I spent three wonderful nights at Casa Alexio in Dec 2010. It is a "home-away-from-home". The owner, Mr Wilfred DeSouza takes personal care of his clients and ensures that they are comfortable. I enjoyed the discussions we had on various topics and he is certainly very knowledgable.

I will go back again and I am looking forward to my next stay at Casa Alexio. My advise.....go and experience Mr De Souza's & his staff hospitality. It is great and memorable.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I chose Casa Aleixo in Goa because of the reviews it received on tripadvisor and was not disappointed.

Since I didn't know which area of Goa to stay in, I chose to go for an area with a high selection of restaurants, and therefore chose the Calangute/Baga stretch. On a side note, before I address the hotel itself, this strech is very built-up, the road is narrow and over-crowded with cars, taxis, rickshaws, pedestrians, cattle and scooters. It felt dangerous at times and frankly was the biggest turn-off of that area. It does however offer a wide array of shops, restaurants, bars, beach shacks and clubs, so keep this in mind when choosing your Goa destination.

Casa Aleixo is located right off the main road, but thanks to its beautiful large front garden, you will forget this as soon as you've turned into the driveway.
I started corresponding with Wilfred, the owner, a couple of weeks before our trip and if I wasn't yet convinced to stay there from the reviews, his prompt , friendly and detailed responses certainly did. He agreed to accommodate us outside of his regular opening period - at the end of October - prior to his planned opening in November.
We booked three rooms for the group of five adults that we were and upon arrival were given the choice of which rooms we wanted to stay in of the five air-conditioned rooms on the first floor. The first floor is spacious and airy and provides ample common space, ideal in our case, since we could sit on the outdoor terrace or in the living/dining/reading room and enjoy each other's company.
The rooms are basic, but very functional and spacious, with clean and well-functioning bathrooms. The beds were on the hard side, but the staff were more than accommodating when I requested an additional mattress for extra softness.

The staff deserves a special mention for their friendly and discreet service. They went out of their way to help make our stay comfortable. They were always prompt to serve us, be it in the house or by the pool.
The pool and the garden at the back of the house are what truly lend its haven-like quality to Casa Aleixo. The whole area is beautifully maintained and laid out, and cuts one off from the hustle and bustle of Calangute. We spent the most relaxing day lazing in the shade of the beautiful trees, swimming in the refreshing pool and observing colourful butterflies and birds.
Casa Aleixo offers a selection of Continental (included in room rate), American or Goan breakfasts. Go for the Goan bread, even with the Continental and ask for fresh local fruits (delicious sweet bananas).

Wilfred arranged our airport transfers and our sightseeing tour to Old Goa with a very reliable and clean private taxi company. They are more expensive than catching a taxi on the street, but guaranteed vehicles large enough to accommodate all five of us and working a/c.

If I had to find one minus to Casa Aleixo, it would probably be its location in the middle of the Calangute-Baga stretch, since you have to count a good 20 minutes walk in either direction to reach the restaurants and beaches of Calangute or Baga, or take taxis which will set you back Rs. 100 to either centre.

I would recommend Casa Aleixo to anyone looking for a friendly, clean, beautiful retreat in the middle of this busy area. Thanks to Wilfred and his staff for making our stay so enjoyable and memorable. I guarantee we will be back!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
desouzawm, Owner at Casa Aleixo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2010

Hello !
Your very generous appreciation is a great source of inspiration for all of us at Casa Aleixo. Thanks very much for your gracious presence and kind words.

Wilfred

Reviewed 20 May 2010

From the moment we spoke on the phone to spending our first night to leaving was nothing short of meeting, living and leaving some old friends. The hotel itself and surrounding made me feel so relaxed. Within hours I was as chilled out as I would have been in my own private villa. The location was stunning

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2010

Earlier this year, I traveled (alone) to India for the first time, and landed at Casa Alexio in Goa. I couldn't have been more lucky. The place is beautiful, well located, and impeccably clean. Far more impressive, however, were the owners of the establishment. On my first night in this foreign place, Wilfred (one of the owners) knocked on my door and invited me to have dinner with him and his wife. Knowing that I was alone, he brought me down to his family's living area, where we shared (many) glasses of delicious scotch and wine, and freshly caught mackrel and crab legs. As delicious as dinner was, the conversation was even better -- Wilfred's family is from Goa, and he and his wife shared with me many stories about the magical place. By the time I left Goa, six days later, I felt like I was leaving behind friends. All in all, Casa Alexio is as charming as its owners. Don't miss out on the opportunity to stay there.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2010

Wow...that's what i can all say about our tour...we all had an amazing tym here,especially some romantic tym with my gf...lots of happy moments gaind at this place..have a visit here..i bet u wont regret..

• Stayed: September 2009