All reviews palolem beach mango trees swimming pool a small boutique hotel bar and dining area till late evening room cleaned peaceful hotel care taker fresh towels stayed for nights deluxe room cleaned daily hotel staff off season seafood tuks
Reviewed March 11, 2018

We stayed 4 nights . Location good , you can walk to Palolem and Patnem in 15 minutes, both have great beaches , shops , dining options. We had some problem with the first room we stayed in , not up to the standard I expect . We were moved to a much nicer , larger room . The hotel is in need of some care and is shabby in parts but it has some charm and quirkiness that we liked. Breakfast was average , the bar and dining area lacked atmosphere . Staff were helpful and rooms were clean . The pool area could be nicer but the pool itself was a pleasure to swim in.

Room tip: Choose a room on first floor
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ErmineLincsEngland
Reviewed March 8, 2018

I went to this place thinking to have a good time. The waiter changed my table twice based on who was arriving. At the third time, he wanted to settle in the bar so that I leave the table I occupied. The customers who had to have my table and myself did not accept this very rude way of behaving and I told the waiter. Then I ordered a soda water that cost 30 rps on the menu and 40 when I have to paid ?? !!! Finally I must not forget to say that I waited 1 hour and I asked three times before being served. The waitress and the waiter / photographer (the waiter / photographer served and at the same time took pictures with a beautiful camera) were clearly not available and not at all professional to take care of the guests. I strongly advise against !!!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Nasséra i
Oceanic G, Manager at Oceanic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Dear Mam
Thank you for your review, it helps us to do better service for our guests. We hope you come back soon It was so great to have you and we would do even better next time!
Best Regards. Oceanic Hotel

Reviewed March 4, 2018

I am writing this review at the Oceanic, sitting on the terrace outside my room surrounded by palms and mango trees. With only 3 days of my three week stay remaining, I recommend this very friendly and intimate hotel.
Only 6 rooms. Cleaned daily.
Urmila (Manager) is a delightful hostess and the staff have done everything possible to make this such an enjoyable holiday experience. Always smiling and so helpful offering local information and booking taxis/tuk tuks when required.
Breakfast in the courtyard surrounded by nature, is a tranquil, relaxing way to start the day.
I thank you all for helping to make a dream come true for my first visit to Goa.
I will definitely return next year.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2018

Having spent the last 15 days at the Oceonic Hotel, I can only praise the service I received from the friendly staff at the Oceonic, everyone of the staff were fabulous .
Room cleaned with fresh towels daily.
The courtyard is an oasis of calm, a good breakfast selection & a nice place to while away an hour or so over breakfast & coffee chatting to fellow guests
Hotel staff only too willing to help with advice with trips & arranging taxi or Tuk Tuks

Room tip: The hotel has 6 rooms all good
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2018

This hotel is relatively small and although not the most modern in terms of bathrooms and facilities it is very clean, the staff are great and the setting charming, Our room was large and we had chairs outside on the veranda under the mango trees which was lovely for sitting down to cool off, The pool area is nicely located and kept very clean and there were 2 events while we were there, one a film showing with a talk by the Director and the other a charity event for ADITO (a charity working with abused women and girls) which had live music by the pool.
The bartender at the Hotel makes a wonderful and very reasonable menu of cocktails and all the staff were friendly and helpful. The Manager Urmila and her team go out of their way to make your stay pleasant and the food (Vegetarian Indian) was excellent, fresh and delicious and at breakfast we had fresh fruit, pancakes, eggs and toast with the hotel's own home made mango jam.
Worth going for the luxury rooms - if we go back to Palolem (and the local beaches are fantastic) we would certainly stay here.

Room tip: Go for luxury rooms we had Room 6 which was spacious
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple