“Lovely Property, Excellent Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Turtle Lounge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canacona
The Turtle Lounge
Ranked #51 of 139 Speciality Lodging in Canacona
Vadodara, India
“Lovely Property, Excellent Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Stayed there over a weekend. And had an excellent three days.

Starting right from the booking experience, which was good with prompt responses on emails. The car and driver (forget the name of the driver) sent by the resort were good. Built an instant rapport with the driver and stopped for good udipi food at a nondescript but excellent food place. Took the same driver on return to the airport with an equally good fresh coconut water stop.

Now to the property. Huts were just like what was described and shown on the website. Excellent. The bathroom was even better (just that there was no warm water); which is fine for Goa weather. Lovely lounge in the hut where one could sit and spend hours, walk down to the water front, get back lounge a while more, get back to water and do that all day.

Comfortable beds in the bedroom (just a trifle small, but not complaining). Location is excellent, at the quiet end of the beach. Room cleaned and done up every day.

Will definitely go again.

Suggestion: A beer chiller will be very helpful (cheeky) and an easier way to communicate with staff while on the property would help a lot more.

Room Tip: All the beachhuts are excellent.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Ujwal M

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
euro2010
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

I first have to give my hats off to Niten and his staff who took good care of us. We arrived in Goa at the Turtle Lounge in the evening and by the morning I was so ill I was admitted to hospital. Niten arranged for a rickshaw to take my husband and I to the hospital and that evening he came and checked on us in my hospital room to make sure we were okay!! He answered all my husbands questions who was a bit stressed by my hospitalization and helped him even find a grocery store when I was ready to eat some food. Although my arrival at Goa wasn't the best memory, I am so so thankful to the staff for all their help and concern.
Now about the huts the only reason I give a 4 instead of 5 was because I didn't realize how noisy this place could be, you are a bit open to the elements, lots of roosters and lots of frogs in the bathroom, they didn't scare me, but one morning my husband went up to the hut to grab some stuff and there was a monkey in the room and he was not a friendly monkey (yes the doors to the upstairs balcony were left open, but the top of the hut is open to the sky as well, so who knows how he got in). The bungalow on the hill was very luxurious and the nights I was there instead of the hospital I slept okay. I loved the rain shower head in the bathroom it was very relaxing and I didn't need a hot shower as it was so hot in Goa.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank eurotrip2010
Warrington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Well, what a delightfull and wonderfull experience spending three nights at the begining of April of this year. As soon as we arived, we were met with very friendly staff who insisted in carrying our baggage to our accomodation. Turtle hill is set a top a small hiil at the north end of the beach which is veiwed from the accomodation. On two tiers, that being outside toilet and living space in the lower half and sleeping and bathroom on the upper.
It did rain a bit on the last night and there was a small mud slide in the toilet area, but for one night, not a problem. Yes there are the one or two small frogs, but lets not forget the setting. If you find nature uncomftable you might be better of in a sterlised hotel. Look on the wildlife as a pleasant adition and one to tell tails about back home.
Directly to the front of the sleeping section is a balcany, where I defy anyone not to have there breakfast and then relax for a wee while from there, taking in the views and the ambience.
Talking of Breakfast, the young chef working there is absolutly splended and very attentive to your culirany needs for that time of day. Could not do enough and nothing was too much trouble for him.
The bathroom space, well it was a joy to have that much space and yes water not the hotest your going to come across, but who wants a hot shower when its 30 odd degrees.
There is an Holistic centre within the grounds and well worth making use of the therapies available.
It is a bit on the pricey side, but well worth treating your self if you have been staying in other accomodation lower down the scale.
Highly recormended.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mark S
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Our stay at Turtle Lounge was FANTASTIC. The beach bungalows are designed to perfection - everything is made of bamboo, wood and palm leaves but it still has all the amenities. You sleep to the sound of waves, and wake up to take a dip in the sea and then enjoy their awesome wholefood breakfast. If you are looking for a romantic getaway, the sun and sea, good food, yoga, reading - then this is the place for you. Pallolem is just a few minutes away so you can always head there for a more lively evening. The service is excellent, with Niten and Suraj taking personal care of everything. Ron is super helpful with the bookings as well. One of the many highlights of the trip was a dolphin sighting boat ride that we took - we were told that we might sight a couple of dolphins, but we actually saw 15 - 20 of them - it was lovely! I didn't know that such a place existed in India - I'd recommend Turtle Lounge as the BEST beach bungalows in Goa! :)

Room Tip: All their bungalows are great, the one on the corner right hand has more privacy.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DeeptiChadda
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

What a wonderful experience...What lovely friendly staff....everything about Turtle hill shouts class...We stayed in both the bungalows on the shore..Fab.... and the Huge Bungalows up on the hill...away from other people.. a joy when travelling India...It is spotless.. the food is Fabby and breakfast is brought to you at any time requested served right to your bedside if desired!! Yummy fruit salad and tea in a pretty pot! Home made Jam and curd.......It is in the middle of Jungle land and we had no problem with Mosquitoes....I loved hearing the Roosters..it's directly above a small village community but no noise.. no barking dog noises ( and trust me if you had stayed in some of the on beach huts in Goa the dogs barking all night is some what exhausting!) only the sound of the waves lapping on the shore...We were treated so well and left alone in the right measures...I recommend this place to any one who is discerning and loves to be treated well..Thank you everyone...

Room Tip: Up the top if you want to be alone..down the bottom if you want to see other people!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gilliwooscotland
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

From the price of this accommodation and the pictures on the Internet I had big expectations for my stay. Situated on a hill at the far north end of Patnem beach with a spectacular view over the sea. At first sight I was amazed. Build in Zen style, with wide black logs and a hay roof. Two story bungalows. 1st floor is the “living room” with a porch and an outdoor bathroom. 2nd floor is the bedroom where your feet are pointing right out at the balcony to the ocean from the bed. The staff here is very friendly and treat you like a star, the food lovely and rooms are cleaned everyday.
But,,, because of this outdoorsy design the place lacks shelter… I couldn’t relax here. First of all the bedroom was a mosquito paradise. Second. The open-air bathroom (and toilet) invites frogs and other sweet beings to visit the toilet at night – I did too experience an ant invasion one night and also heard one of the trees being raped for leaves by an unidentified specie. Third. Roosters start their wake up call at 3 AM here and it seemed to me that they had kind of a conference going on with the roosters at the south end of the beach too, which encouraged the beach dogs to contribute. I mean nature wakes up at night and Turtle Hill Bungalows do not have sound or insect shelter at all. On top of this the staff sometimes forgot to turn off the outdoor light so I had a bright bulb shining into the bedroom all night… And one last little thing – off course, no hot water from the nature showerhead.

Room Tip: The Top Bungalows have the best view.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Hanne N
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

The TURLE LOUNGE AGONDA BEACH moved to Patnem Beach, new , bigger bungalows on a little hill. Still the same website turtle-lounge.com. The new bungalows offer comfortable living in harmony with nature.
The Bungalows are located next to the HARMONIC Yoga & Treatments place.Patnem’s nearest town is Chaudi, which has both a bus and train station (Canacona) as well as cash point machines (ATM). There are regular buses or you can get an autorickshaw for around 50 Indian rupees each way.

Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
15 Thank Travelman070
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canacona
30.7 km away
1.6 km away
Om Sai Beach Huts
Om Sai Beach Huts
#1 of 62 in Agonda

Been to The Turtle Lounge? Share your experiences!