Discovery Cafe & Guest House(Melaka)(Great Value!)
US$12
US$33
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$40/night.

US$64
US$58
Priceline
  • Pool
US$48
US$46
Priceline
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$59/night.

Hotel Puri(Melaka)
US$41
  • Free Breakfast
US$30
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
Book now, pay at stay
US$212
All reviewsnight marketgrand deluxe roomno liftprivate parkingstreet marketperfect locationcendolwelcome drinkchicken rice ballceiling fanair conwithin walking distancefamily roompleasant staybasic amenitieskaraokejonker
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We were delighted with the room, which had pretty wallpaper, and a pretty comfy bed. It also had a window, which some hotel rooms lack. At first sight, the room looked a bit small, but after a while, it felt cozy. Loved the 'sunken' bathroom with its black and white tiles. I slept really well during our overnight stay and felt really comfortable in the room.

The lobby was a bit tired, and no one cared to bring us and our bags to our room. I expected a little more service; it was like we just went in and out of the hotel unnoticed. Staff need to be more welcoming.

I haven't tried the breakfast (or maybe there is no breakfast with the package). Anyhow, there wasn't much briefing when we checked in. So I guess I have to say that the staff just needs to be more attentive.

Location is excellent! Right by Jonker Walk and of course walkable from everything. It's really a stress-free walk home after a dinner or a night of drinks.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I went for a short trip to Melaka with my family of 5 adults and 3 children. Book 2 grand deluxe rooms that come with 2 queen size beds rooms through the hotel website. The hotel reply was very prompt. I booked the 2 room that are on the first floor thinking that my elderly mother doesn’t need to walk up any stair but I was wrong. The room is actually 1 floor above the ground floor and we still need to walk up the stairs. But the staircase is actually not too difficult to climb.
I was expecting some difficulty in finding the carpark and true enough I can’t find the carpark when I first reach the hotel. So for those that are driving there, there are 2 ways to reach the carpark.
1)Drive along Jalan Kubu and turn right to Jalan Tokong. The hotel is on the left. Just after the hotel, there is a small lane on the left which will lead you to the carpark.
2)Drive along Jalan Portugis. Before reaching Jalan Tukang Emas, there is a big public carpark on the right. Turn inside the carpark. Take note of a sign board namely “Jonker Walk” and drive towards it and the carpark is on the right.
The receptionists are very friendly and the rooms are huge. I have rooms facing the back of the hotel overlooking at the carpark and another one overlooking Jonker street. I stayed in the room overlooking Jonker street and love it. My children were enjoying themselves as we can have a bird’s eye view of the stage at Jonker street. The singers are entertaining my children throughout the night. You can see the photo I have taken from my room down towards the stage on Jonker Street. The location of the hotel was fantastic as I can just walk out of the hotel and enjoy what is on offer on Jonker street. I have stayed in few hotels in Melaka before and consider Jonker Boutique Hotel as one of the best hotel if you don’t mind not having gym, swimming pools etc.

Room Tip: If you want quite room ask the hotel for a room at the back of the hotel. If you want to be entertain by singing till around 10.30pm, get one room facing Jonker Street, you can just open your window and Jonker Street is just below.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank twengche
Reviewed December 14, 2011

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying 2 nights and was indeed a wonderful experience with lovely staff and excellent service. I thank the staff and management of Jonker Boutique Hotel for a fantastic time and their attentiveness in my request for the floral, birthday cake and card arrangement. Looking forward to be back soon and will recommend friends booking J.B Hotel. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Room 206, facing carpark and away from main stream crowd noise
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank AvisLim
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I stayed there with my families for one night.The best ever hotel I have experienced, specially the friendly staff,!!!Rooms are clean, nice everything till the best. We had a bit trouble during check in, but the way that is solved by Stephinie, makes you want to have a problem here all the time! That is what I call service.She patiently explaining to us.They even help us to carry our luggage.We found a lot of foods bevarage-chicken rice,chendol,peranakan cuisine etc.Our stay was wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank constance l
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed at Jonker Boutique Hotel for five nights. Overall I had a good stay - the service was good and the location fantastic. The rooms are a little tired around the edges - but they have all the necessary amenities and are quite spacious. There was no elevator, so a little difficult to get bags upstairs - but that was only a minor issue.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo