Sunflower Hotel Malacca
US$75
US$67
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
US$176
US$42
US$26
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclean roomsparking couponsrecommend this hotelper daycomplimentary breakfastdutch squarehotel lobbytaxiwifitoiletcomforteateriesthumbsrm
Reviewed March 14, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is very clean, comfortable dan very friendly worker. The price is very affordable price and the best is, its come with breakfast.

The food is delicious, with very nice cafe.

Good WIFI coverange that reach all rooms.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Kamal V
Reviewed March 9, 2016

I stayed a week, went to another hotel I had pre-booked and returned for a 5-week stay which I'm in the middle of. I could not be happier. It is bright and cheerful. The staff is terrific. My rooms have been comfortable. Both have had windows looking out onto little garden areas. Lovely. My only hesitation in making this booking was the shared bathrooms, but that has not proven to be a problem. They are scrubbed twice a day and I've only had a couple of instances where the bathroom was in use when I wanted use it. There is a water dispenser available. The neighborhood the hotel is located in is very quiet and has a couple of mini-markets, a post office, a laundromat and several places to eat, although I generally eat at the cafe next door - the Sunrise Cafe. It is a 20 ringgits taxi ride to the malls or Jonker Street. I am writing a book while staying here and find the atmosphere just perfect for relaxation and creativity.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Kathy H
Reviewed February 8, 2016 via mobile

Came here for the 2nd time, with a 1 year old kid this time. It seems like this place is not very kid friendly.

1. Only 1 access card, means my wife and kid have to sit in the dark in the room while I make 3 trips up and down the staircase to carry our things.

2. Only a shower head instead of individual water heater. Unable to hose down my kid but instead have to carry him to the water source.

3. Lack of hot water. Out of the 3 days we were there and 5 times that we bathed, cold water was gushing out instead of warm. When we complained over the phone to reception, the guy said it's because many people were using and the water didn't have time to heat up. When we complained upon checking out, the lady said no one complained and we didn't know how to operate the water tap.

This has been a decent place which improved over the years. They renovated the cafe and served decent food, and improved on security. However I'm afraid this will be the last time we're heading there unless if they've somehow fixed the hot water issue.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Gan Y
Reviewed November 16, 2015 via mobile

I stayed here a night, which turned into a week. The staff were friendly, the room was clean and quiet and well equipped.

The place is far enough away from town that it's quiet, but close enough that you can walk to good restaurants.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Brad H
Reviewed September 6, 2015 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3days 2nights. Well, its just a short trip with my wife and twins. There's a few things that maybe can help you out if you are thinking on getting this hotel.

1. Must have your own transport to travel around Melaka.
2. Must have GPS if you not familiar with the area.
3. The hotel far from city. At least about 15-20mins.Depends on traffic also.
Travelled around with my car . Don't even see any taxi around hotel.
4. Booked a family room. Pictures can be deceiving, but kinda small for a family room.
5. No lift available. Staircase very steep. Be careful.
6. No laundry available. But just beside the hotel a laundry shop available. Charge you 1kg - RM2.50. CHEAP RIGHT.....
7. not many restaurant around hotel. Need to drive out to main road. Some seafood restaurants available.
8. A few mini marts around.

1. Room clean
2. Shower pressure great.
3. Air con ok
4. Tv channels ok
5. Parking available just in front and behind of hotel.
6. Breakfast very budget variety.
7. Quiet at night.

Dislike
1. No room clock
2. Small family room
3. No window.
4. No safe box.
5. Not enough Hangers.
6. Breakfast not top up 40mins before time.
7. No toiletries provided.
8. I don't feel welcome during my check in time. No smile at all.
Check out more worst... Im the one that say thank you to her.

Overall it was a good experience in the hotel. You can try but ensure u must be prepared with transportation.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family