Everly Resort
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Bamboo Hotel(Melaka)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2011

The hotel is located quite far off from the town. Although the friendly staff makes it up by shuttling us to and fro. The hotel is maintained poorly and as a result, cob webs could be seen.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2011

stayed one night n everything was wonderful. Good staff response n great one night stay. Children enjoyed it very much with the sound of the waves hitting the beach at night what else could u ask for.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank pateda8835
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We reserved a family suite as it was four of us. Our room toilet was worn out and we requested to change rooms, the manager was kind enough to show us to two different rooms. However we were not satisfied with the condition of any room but decided to choose one of the rooms as there wasn't much of a choice. The swimming pool was large, and so well and nicely maintained. I loved how we could sit inside the stool like chairs made inside the pool. We were staying in this hotel for a weekend and this hotel is quite famous for its team building seminars. One of these seminars was taking place the same day, and the participants jumped into the pool wearing their tshirts and track suits which were all sweaty and muddy from their activities. There were over 50 or so participants. this totally grossed me out.
however we all loved the breakfast buffet, alot of varieties were served. the food quality was excellent. the hotel also provided leaflets of the attractions of Malacca. Another advantage of this hotel is that the beach is just behind the hotel so that it is very easily accessible. It was great value for money.
I felt uncomfortable to sleep in this hotel as the sheets looked brown and the quilt was so old. i didn't enjoy staying over night here.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Yes, they truly deserve the award for staff. However, I don't see how they were being graded as a 3 star hotel. There was a security guard, but guess what he was doing?! Watching Star Movies.... Check-in was smooth, staff were very nice and courteous.

Next was the stay. The corridors looked like a scene from those horror movies. The room LOOKS very posh in pictures but I can tell you from first hand experience that it's heaven and hell. The air-con wasn't working properly, some of the lights had faulty bulbs. The couch was visibly dusty. Furniture seems to be from the late 1990s. Tiles were yellowish and the carpets are very very very dirty.

The swimming pool... Being a resort, clean water should be a norm. Well, the water wasn't clean. Specks of sand can be felt on the bottom. Still, the staff were very courteous. The brochure showed that jet-skis were available along the 'clean' beaches. No jet-skis, never mind. Just how did a beautiful beach turn to a poorly maintained seaside?

Overall, only the first floor was ok.... 3-star standard....

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2011

This hotel is in the middle of nowhere. It's not convenient if you dont have your own car because there are no shops or restaurants nearby. Though the hotel does have a shuttle service to town (takes about half an hour) there are only about 4 a day... Hotel seems tired - could do with a minor renovation. Also there seems to be a large mosque nearby so be prepared for the very early call to prayer (about 5:30am - it woke me up everyday and I didn't sleep with the window open)

During my stay, there were lots of kids and families so maybe it's known by locals for this? I was not expecting this - thought I'd get a relaxing stay but children were EVERYWHERE.

Rooms are generous in size with small kitchenette (sink, kettle and fridge). Satellite TV works well with many different english channels.

Bathroom is not what I would expect for a 5 star hotel. Grout dirty and moldy - I would not have a bath in the tub!

They seem to be quite strict about their pool towel policy and about where it's appropriate to wear swimwear. This would be fine if there was actually someone manning the towel station so that you didn't have to go into the lobby to track someone down!

Staff were competent. I wouldn't say rude but I wouldn't say particularly friendly either.

I wouldn't stay here again - too far out and I'd prefer to be somewhere a bit closer to town. Not worth the price - can find better alternatives in town.

Room Tip: try get a pool view room - the view is fantastic!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo