All reviews melaka river bath room is jonker walk riverside hostel
Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

The front desk was very pleasant when we came in. The rooms are definitely some of the nice rooms we've stayed in for under 40myr. Nice AC and a fan. The wifi really works in the rooms too.

The shared kitchen and tea includes as well as a very pretty common area over looking the river for sure makes this one of the prettier places we've stayed. It's also a 5 minute walk to all the main spots to visit.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew J
River O, Owner at River One Residence, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2017

Thank you support. please come again..

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

We had a great stay here mainly for the place itself - amazing AC and fan, the comfiest bed, clean shower and nice sitting area.
The only downfall would be the owner didn't really make much effort, well didn't really say 2 words to us the whole time we were there, it was a bit weird.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dcorn1
Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

It's quite affordable for one night, felt like home as they have shared kitchen, refrigerator and more. You can rent bikes here too. But i hope the owner can be friendlier to both locals and foreigners.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Annisa B
Reviewed April 6, 2017

Today I was physically and verbally attacked by one of their customers who was high on drugs in front of the employee who found the whole situation amusing !!! The agressor was shouting in my face in Russian jumping around physically touching me, calling me crazy etc to the amusment of the employee. The employee and even the owner who I spoke to on the phone who also found the agressor's behaviour OK did nothing about it whatsmore their solution was to remove us not the agressor !! from the hotel as the other guy has stayed more nights than us!! The employee was not willing to answer my question why did he allow the other guy to be abusive towards me it seemed like for him and the boss it is OK to abuse women, he even dared to tap my shoulder while I was shouted at by the Russian guy. When I asked the employee why he is alowing drugs in his presmisses he said he cannot do anything about it !! he can only ask him to stop smoking - this is a joke !! everywherelse is written no drugs no abusive behaviour is allowed but obviously not at River One Residence So think twice if you want to stay in an expensive place where violant behaviour is highly promoted both by the employee and the owner. Plus there is no hot water !! for such a high price !!

Room Tip: no rooms with a riverview except with one room downstairs which looks like a prison cell No hot water!!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank machefka
Reviewed March 11, 2017

This is one of the better guesthouse i have been during my travels...
1. The guesthouse is facing the melaka river....(great view).Also a short walking distance to stadhuy and many tourist spots.....and restaurants
2. It's very affordable
3. Very clean
4. Fast wifi
5. Friendly owner Mr. Cool ( I arrived 4 hours early but still allowed me to go to my room)
6. Nice homey feel guesthouse

This is definitely a great choice accommodation in Melaka

Room Tip: Pick rooms on the second floor
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo