All reviews sofa bed poolside suite oak restaurant salt water swimming pool jonker street the river studio apartment pool side huge room executive floor night view small kitchen spacious rooms dining table breakfast spread free shuttle kids pool
Reviewed May 11, 2016 via mobile

When we arrived, the hotel lobby was filled with lots of people so we were expecting a long wait. It was a long weekend so we were prepared for many holiday-makers. We were pleasantly surprised when we received our keys in maybe 5-10 minutes? Thumbs up for efficiency! Our room was spacious, clean and had a beautiful view of the river and city. The location of the hotel was central and it was easy for us to get round the city for dinner and sight-seeing. A highlight of the hotel for us would probably be the playground and swimming pool. Pity we didn't have much time to fully utilize it. Would definitely return when we next visit Melaka.

Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed May 9, 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the pool executive for 3d2n at The Pines Melaka. The kids love the pool and we love the patio, a great place to wind down and enjoy a cup of warm tea with a view. I like the limited access for other guest to level 7 - abit more privacy. The atmosphere is lovely. Will come back again!

Reviewed May 8, 2016

The room is ready 1 hour earlier from check in time.
The check in process was very smooth and once the queue was long, about 4-5 guest, the check in counter was added up until 4 counters to avoid guest from waiting too long.
Average 15 minutes max to complete check in process.

Security very good because we the siblings stayed at level 21 while our parents stayed at level 7. We only manage to access level 8 to go to the pool at level 7 but could not get access into level 7 room area because the door only for level 7 guest.

Check out process also quite good and the staffs handled it in very efficient way because i splitting the bills according to the rooms type.

All the staff is very helpful. I do not expecting friendly welcome but when i asking the information, all of the staff that I met very helpful, willing to share information and friendly greet.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2016 via mobile

I've looked forward to my stay at The Pines. However,the moment i am checked in,it totally spoilt and disappoint my trip. I've travelled to many places,but one thing that the hotel staff should never do is,they don't just 'throw aside' a hotel guest during a peak period. This is what i felt when i made my request and concern to the staff.

It happened when i was requesting for a deluxe king bed. Due to high occupancy,the front desk rejected me and arrange a twin bed. I've told him,i am with young kids,and they will likely to sleep with us. Even though i had requested for baby cot,the staff simply don't understand that not all kids may like to sleep in baby cot. I made it clear for safety reason,i prefer a king bed. Instead of attenting to my concerns,the front desk just arranged housekeeping for twin bed to combine as one bed,and called for the next couple for check in. Obviously it is rude and uncalled for. Safety is always my concern. In the end,during the night,we did have to wake up just to 'combine' the bed again,and our kids still end up sleeping with us on the bed. Front desk need to buck up. If u expect 300 rooms all fill up,better understand the needs of the guests,than just follow blindly base on plan. To me,i didn't see much effort from the hotel staff at all,just throw an alternative plan and ask for next queue.

For those who prefer to bring family to this hotel during peak period,think twice. I guess Malacca have better choice of hotels than The Pines which suit for family.

1  Thank taifong07
Reviewed May 2, 2016 via mobile

The first day we check in there was the left food from previous customer and the towel were not provided properly. The staffs are not well trained. They not even gave apologize but very late to take action. The second day we found that the glass was not being cleaned and the toilet tissue papere was not refill.

Trip type: Travelled with friends