All reviews convention center view of the river the concierge lounge valet parking corner king room within walking distance mardi gras self park dauphin street next morning would stay here again checking in fries conference floor downtown port
Selected filters
Reviewed October 30, 2020 via mobile

If you need a place to lay your head, then this is clean and relatively comfortable, but don’t expect them to make any accommodation or to do anything more than take your money and shoo you on your way.

They don’t seem to care about repeat business nor probably your business at all, since it’s a semi-touristy spot. The let you know that they’re probably doing you a favor by renting you a room. Less pricey and more friendly accommodations elsewhere, but if you want generic and cookie cutter, this’ll do in a pinch.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Philip Kellar, Other at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2020

Good day businesstraveling321,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I want to personally apologize that your stay did not exceed your expectations. That is certainly our goal for each and every guest. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss your recent trip in more detail. I hope we have an opportunity to better serve you at some point in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2020 via mobile

People are amazing. Everyone so eager to help and make you comfortable.
Somewhat limited services due to Covid, but they explain everything clearly and at the end of the day, you can have anything you need.
Rooms are clean and housekeeping available if you call.
I got a room with an awesome view of the water.
I’ll certainly stay here next time I’m in town.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank aabadi
Philip Kellar, Other at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2020

Dear aabadi.

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of your recent visit with us. Your comments are much appreciated and will be shared with all team members. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.

Reviewed October 5, 2020

Have walked past this hotel for years, finally got the opportunity to stay and was very disappointed.
Sure it’s big, very well located, ample parking etc.
Great views from high floors, pool and gym small.
However rooms are a big let down, 1980’s at best. Considering the prices it’s a con.
Staff very impersonal.
Has everything going for it, just needs a revamp.
Mobile has better, cheaper and nicer hotels. Choose one of them.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank rangestormer
Philip Kellar, Other at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2020

Dear rangestormer,

Thank you for recently staying with us. Your comments are very important and have been shared with the appropriate hotel leadership team members. I am excited to say that we have started an extensive renovation of our property that should be fully completed by Summer 2021. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2020 via mobile

My initial review was deleted from Google. Please see google reviews for full review of The Renaissance Mobile, Al. However:

my review I just left has been deleted... also, I would like to note that because I was using a discounted rate, Kelsey took it upon herself to complain to my host abt my inquiries. This is the most unprofessional establishment I have paid 700+ for bs service to date.... when my initial and only question was “what is the protocol for valet when the phones are not working”. I NEVER ASKED OR REQUESTED to be reimbursed or compensated.....as Kelsey made it out to be when she complained to Marriott head office and to my host. Instead, I repeatedly asked how is it handled if the phones are not able to call out to valet because I never rcvd a call back to my room to advise that they were unable to reach valet. I do not understand why the people who manage this establishment would rather berate and cause dysfunction for its paying customers and my work schedule. Let alone, speak to me and call me a liar as John did. It’s really disheartening to say the least....and the phones to valet they are STILL not working, I know because I had the same issue today and spoke with an attendant who agreed.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed August 17, 2020

We stayed here for an overnight while on a road trip. Some of the rooms may be a little dated as some reviews have suggested, however overall we had an excellent stay. We had a nice corner room with a great view of the Bay and the port.

Dining options were limited because of Covid, however when we arrived on a Sunday evening most restaurants near the hotel had already closed. We went to the hotel bar since they did have a limited food menu. What a nice surprise! The food was great and we were very satisfied. The bartender that evening was super nice and helpful as well.

The following morning we went down to the same place for breakfast - and were surprised to see they had a full breakfast menu. The Marriott we had stayed in the previous evening in Texas only had a small continental breakfast available.

Well - the breakfast was fantastic! Honestly they were the best grits I have ever eaten - and I am from the South! The server was so pleasant. I really enjoyed the meal.

Thanks to everyone at the Hotel for a very nice stay!

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank LauderdaleBud
Philip Kellar, Other at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2020

Good day LauderdaleBud,

Thank you for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time spent with us. Please know your comments on your breakfast experience will be shared with our Food & Beverage team. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the very near future.