All reviewsbeautiful courtyardrocking chairschurch streetcharacter and charmchain hotelshistoric gemperiod furnitureunique hotelfour poster bedgas lightsdauphin streetcookie cutternew orleanscivil warold southromantic getawaywithin walking distance
Reviewed November 20, 2017

Not quite as friendly as I expected after reading the website. However, had a lovely room right off the courtyard and the location to the bars and restaurants (I'm sure there are sites too!) of Mobile was ideal. Breakfast not overwhelming, but reasonable for the price. Free parking too.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
malagainn359, Owner at Malaga Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

Joanneh,
Thank you for the nice review. I hope a staff member of mine wasn't unfriendly to you. We try and remind our staff always how we treat our guests. We hope you come back to see us one of these days.

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

This was our first stay here and we loved the unique historical character of the hotel. The high ceilings, the dark wood and high ceilings. We felt like we were in a home rather than in a hotel. The courtyard is beautiful. We had a room upstairs on the historical side that was very quiet at night. You can’t beat the location. Walking distance to Dauphin St where there are many restaurants and bars. There is a complimentary breakfast which is very simple. It’s hard to complain when it’s free but it’s basically what we get when we stay at a Quality Inn. The only difference here is that there are real plates and silverware. It’s too bad the bar isn’t open so one could enjoy a glass of wine in the courtyard. Staff overall was nice.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
malagainn359, Owner at Malaga Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Carol,
Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are trying to get our bar open full time sometime in 2018. Right now we only open for special events. We hope you come back to see us if you are ever back in Mobile.
J.B.
Owner

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Don't get there early, they won't even check if you room is ready and you can't use the lobby bathrooms. We were told to use the gas station down the road bathrooms. Our rooms were messed up and they were mean and rude about it. We didn't mess them up, they did. We did get it all fixed but jeez. We drove 9 hours to get there. The hotel could be great if they put some maintenance in it. It is historic and I do like that. The handle came off our door and our bed was broken. They said we had the nicest rooms, dang I would hate to see the other rooms. I can't recommend at all. Its a shame, it has a lot of potential.

Stayed: October 2017
malagainn359, Owner at Malaga Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Diner421141, I am so sorry one of my staff spoke to you that way. It really doesn't sound like us. We always let people check in early if their room is ready and always let people use the bathrooms in the lobby; that's what they are there for! I am really taken a back by your review. Could you PM me? I would like to hear more about your stay, who you dealt with upon arrival, which room you stayed in; so we can get to the bottom of this.
I hope you will accept my most sincere apology. This is not how we operate.

Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

I’d really like to give 3 1/2 points.... better than 3 but no quite a 4.
The Malaga Inn is a beautiful old historic building. On the positive, the room was fine and the bed was very comfortable. The location is great and there is free parking. There is a breakfast provided. Nothing special but adequate. On the con side, as mentioned by other reviewers, there seems to be an issue with keeping rooms clean and stocked. I grabbed what I thought was a hand towel, but it’s bulkiness made me think it was a bath mat. The hand towel was a very small black towel about the size of a wash cloth. And the towel I used for my shower turned out to be the same size as the “bath mat”... so we never did figure them out. The shower, either my default or design,had no curtain , so even being careful, we still had water on the floor. Good thing I found that bath mat. The bathroom floor was sticky , actually leaving footprints. Finally , there was one coffee cup and cream and sugar, but no coffee pot or coffee. Not a big deal to me, but ether have coffee or don’t. The way it was, it just looked like someone didn’t care enough to finish the job. Would I stay here again ....yes. But I’d check towels and other things before I got too settled in.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
malagainn359, Owner at Malaga Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Sue,
Thank you for your honest feedback. We rely heavily on guest feedback to make improvements to our operation. I brought this up in a meeting today and have instructed the housekeepers to make sure they are using the correct towels. We are really sorry for the inconvenience. We are putting measures in place to make sure the housekeeping is done with pride.

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

We did some research online in the area looking for a unique, retro hotel. Malaga Inm sounded exactly like what we were looking for and we were not disappointed. Loved the staff, they were very helpful and informative on the area/attractions. The room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. The hotel is beautiful and within walking distance to food, entertainment, etc. I know where I'll be staying next time I visit Mobile.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

KHughes22,
Thank you so much for writing reviews everywhere. It really means a lot to us. Please introduce yourself the next time you are in town. I would love to meet you.