Free cancellation until 27/07
US$127
US$129
US$107
Hotels.com
All reviewsbeautiful courtyardrocking chairschurch streetcharacter and charmhistoric roomsnew orleans stylechain hotelsgas lightspiece of historycharming hoteldauphin streetold southprivate balconywithin walking distancecookie cuttercivic centercontinental breakfast
Reviewed May 9, 2018

BEAUTIFUL courtyard and very friendly staff. The owner was accessible and not only professional but courteous as well. He tended bar and engaged us out-of-towners as well as the regulars listening to and giving feedback.
An old building means a lot of charm and also a lot of maintenance. There are some minor flaws to the property from a guests perspective but for the price and hospitality, worth overlooking.
I will definitely stay there again if in Mobile for business or pleasure. CANNOT BEAT THE VALUE!

Room Tip: There are courtyard view rooms which are nice
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Malagainn, Owner at Malaga Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

Eric, Thank you so much for the nice review. It was a pleasure getting to know you in the bar. I would like to hear more about the maintenance issues you mentioned. Guest feedback is the most valuable resource we have. If you could take a moment and private message me or call the front desk 251-438-4701 I would love to speak with you.

Reviewed May 7, 2018

Had a great visit in a comfortable room with good service. Used the breakfast and bar to good result. Needed to print out some travel documents that I forgot and they were very helpful. We got a great start to the morning in the breakfast area. My daughter needed to not have cheese in her eggs and the hostess just went in and made some just for her.

Room Tip: corner rooms are larger but ask the clerk for personal help, all are very experanced.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 592jerryf
Malagainn, Owner at Malaga Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

593jerryf,
Thank you so much for your review! We go out of our way for our guests here. If your daughter does not want cheese in her eggs, we will make her some eggs with no cheese. Doing extra things for our guests makes our hearts smile. I will share your review with my staff. They are completely dedicated to the guest experience here at the Malaga Inn. We hope you do not stay away too long.

Reviewed May 4, 2018

HUGE shout out to Jordan Beem and the Malaga Inn Mobile! Such an incredible place to stay! I have never experienced a stay that is so peaceful and laid back as I have the times I have stayed at the Malaga. The place is beautiful, the staff is the most friendly I have ever encountered, and this time I actually met Jordan, owner and fellow music junkie. He treated Rhonda and me like we were family. I will never stay anywhere else in Mobile.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Malagainn, Owner at Malaga Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Joey! Thank you so much for writing all of those nice reviews for us. It is always a pleasure to meet a fellow lover of music. Please let me know the next time you are coming into town and I will do something special for you. I am glad you enjoyed the show and hopefully next time I'll be able to go with you.

Reviewed May 1, 2018

We were looking for a historic and charming place to stay, so we booked for 3 nights. We checked in and was given room 112. I smelled something funny when we opened the door but didn’t say anything and we were in a hurry because we were meeting a friend for dinner. We came back at around 9:00pm and that smell was still there. I suffer from severe allergies and what I was smelling was the musty and mildewed room. I started unpacking to find out that there were no drawers for my stuff. I had to open the ironing board to put everything by the sink. I had to set my phone on the floor next to the bed. There were lots of gnats and mosquitoes under and around the sink. We decided to checkout the following morning because I became so sick of the smell. We drove out and ended up in Orange Beach to complete our weekend.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Malagainn, Owner at Malaga Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Margarita, I am so sorry you did not like your stay with us. The front desk mentioned your concerns to me that day so I checked the room and did not find any mosquitoes or nats. We gave you a full refund for your troubles anyway in hopes you would not write anything. As far as the musty smell is concerned; we are a 150 year old boutique hotel that is in the deep south. The rooms don't feel musty to me because I grew up here. If you are from a drier climate or have bad allergies, this might not be the place for you. Most of our guest who stay here time and time again understand what they are getting. Some guests who stay with us think it's a corporate experience and it isn't. It's a family owned and operated hotel and we have been in business for 50 years this year. We take cleanliness very seriously but there is little we can do about being an older property. I wish you had mentioned something to the front desk that night so they could have found you another room. We try to go out of our way to make all of our guests feel comfortable. No hard feelings! We wish you the best.
-Jordan

Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our 36 year anniversary this weekend with you all. It was everything I wanted it to be. The room was excellent and the grounds were beautiful. Your establishment made me not want to ever stay at a chain hotel again!!! Keep up the good work Jordan. I am sure you make your family proud!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Malagainn, Owner at Malaga Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Melissa, You are so sweet. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. It is our mission at Malaga Inn to make you not want to stay in a chain hotel ever again!!! I will definitely share this review with my family. Your words of kindness go a long way. We hope we become your destination for all of your special occasions. Next time you are here you must check out our bar. It's called Mayme's after my grandmother who opened the hotel in 1968 with her brother and sister. We look forward to your next visit.