Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$193
Free cancellation until 21-07-02
PricelineUS$208
FindHotelUS$193
Orbitz.comUS$193
All reviews rocking chairs record player church street historic rooms nice courtyard southern charm chain hotels four poster bed charming hotel civil war cheese grits private balcony carriage house old south dauphin street civic center within walking distance
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2021

Hotel is in a good location in downtown Mobile. Large room with nice bathroom. The interior courtyard was lovely.

But so much needs to be done:
When we checked in there were no bath towels or duvet for the bed. It took a few hours to find them.
The selector for shower/bathtub was stuck on shower. This was repaired when asked.
The headboard was not attached to the frame just put in place.
The coffee mugs were chipped. (photo)
The TV was screen monitor size. They are bigger in a budget inn.
There were not enough outlets for devices , nor any USB outlets. Come on, it's 2021!
And there is no clock.
The deck outside our room was splintered, a serious accident waiting to happen (photo). The deck above ours was at a serious angle. (photo)
The Elevator was drab. At least put up a few photos! Also the certificate was 3 months out of date. (photo)
Some of the front desk attendants were pleasant but others... if a guest walks through the lobby, shouldn't the attendant at the very least acknowledge their presence rather than keep their heads down looking at their phone?!
I know we are all struggling with the pandemic so there was no breakfast buffet but even the Comfort Inn is offering a togo breakfast bag these days.

All in all, someone needs to spend some time and money to get the Malaga up to the standard to which it aspires.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed April 24, 2021

I love the malaga me my mom and sis go there a lot it’s always so nice but yet historacle and fun at the same time. Staff is very friendly and is always polite to me when my mom sends me to ask for towels and stuff. I enjoy going to the Malaga and there’s so many fun things to do around it. Also if u ever go ask to see the secret basement it’s really cool.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2021

We felt very lucky when we turned onto Church St and saw the Malaga Inn up ahead, fairly lights twinkling and beautiful old tree reaching out towards the wonderful building. We found a great deal for this inn and it was a fantastic stay. Definitely concur with previous reviews that say book one of the historic rooms in the main house - yes the beds creak, but they are absolutely beautiful. Tall ceilings, four poster bed, our room had a balcony... stunning. The bonus for me was that the inn has clearly invested in upgrading the plumbing so the bathroom was pleasingly modern with great water temperature and heat. Only thing to note during COVID is that mask-wearing was hit-and-miss with staff and certainly not enforced with guests. However the inn was very clean and we wouldn't hesitate to stay again, pandemic or no (hopefully the latter!) Free parking in a secure car park adjacent to the building, so all in all 5*s.

Room tip: Book a room in the historic/main building - recommend the ones with balconies
Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed March 16, 2021

Checked in with a reservation on a Saturday afternoon. Assigned a second floor "courtyard" room facing dismal back street. Elevator, hallway/balcony, and room were shabby with old very worn furniture. So much potential, but disappointing. Did not stay, but management was understanding and refunded payment.

Date of stay: February 2021
Jordan Beem, Owner at Malaga Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2021

Hi James,
I am sorry you did not choose to stay with us. I hope you will accept my apologies. This year has been especially difficult for our industry due to Covid. We hope you will try us again when things get back to normal.
Kind Regards,
Jordan

Reviewed March 14, 2021

I was looking for a hotel in Mobile that was convenient to downtown. This is a nice property in a historic location. The room was very clean and the beds are very comfortable. I had a downstairs room with a porch/balcony. It was nice to sit outside in the evening and enjoy a drink and again in the morning to have my coffee. The staff is very friendly and always available.

Date of stay: March 2021

Hi Ken,
Thanks so much for nice review. We hope you will come back to see us again. Kind Regards,