2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$117
View deal
FindHotelUS$117
Hotels.comUS$117
PricelineUS$117
Expedia.comUS$117
CheapTicketsUS$117
TravelocityUS$117
All reviews carriage house the cottages other guests made to order breakfast main building bed and breakfast within walking distance each morning fresh fruit biscuits new orleans road trip fries robbie forte downtown wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2021

After cancelling out of a nearby hotel we stumbled upon Fort Conde Inn late one Saturday afternoon. What an amazing find. Danielle at the front desk escorted us to 3 different rooms in separate buildings to provide an unhurried choice. We chose a ground floor very spacious room in the carriage house adjoining main building. Apparently, the owners are currently buying and renovating the entire block, somewhat hidden behind Fort Conde. But the absolute best value occurred the next two mornings with an extravagant made-to-order menu selection, including omelets and Eggs Benedict or "A La Bamian". Kudos to Rachael in the kitchen as the presentation and content was perfection. Best value B and B in years. Also, free on-street parking was convenient and plentiful.

Room tip: big variety and staff is helpful in choosing
Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed October 26, 2020

stayed in one of the cottages. Ok this was odd. there were two very large sitting rooms (but no tvs in either) and there were two bedrooms with tvs. no books or other ways to enjoy the space. I guess it's set up more for parties. kitchen was very small. dining room large , the set up was just strange bathroom down the hall... not feeling real safe in this area. gunshot woke us up. no grocery store nearby no place to eat nearby. the main hotel looks pretty. next day, some guy was mowing the dirt (there was no grass...) throwing up acorns and dirt onto our car. lack of feeling safe gives low marks. the beds were very comfortable. I suppose if there were more people staying it would have Been a bit better.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank tomuchtravel
Reviewed October 15, 2020 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here and everything here is wonderful. It is an old building with lots of charm. Staff was great and extremely accommodating with all our requests. Linens are nice as bath soaps, shampoos etc. A very nice way to get away from the hotel chains, while easy walking to many restaurants and things to do. We would certainly stay here again next time we are in mobile.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2020 via mobile

Beautiful historic property, walking distance to all the great spots downtown. Absolutely wonderful staff- very accommodating with every request! Lots of great amenities, and delicious included breakfast. My stay was incredibly relaxing, I can’t wait to return! Stay away from the chains and stay at this home, with so much character and personalized service.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Hillary6329
Reviewed August 16, 2020

I rented a room for my Aunt and Uncle .On Booking.com it said free parking.They failed to mention that the parking was not at the place.They had to walk more than a block down the road to get to their room.After that there was not any balcony on their room which i paid extra for.The TV did not work and the Tub stopped working after 2 minutes and would not drain, The shower had lot of black mold.I can expect this from a two star hotel but this is suppose to be a 4 star bed and breakfast and it is not .When my aunt spoke to the the lady at the deck about the issues she did not know what to do.As we travel to our home in Florida more than 5 times a year we will not be staying here or recommending anyone to stay here .

Date of stay: August 2020
David Posner, Owner at Fort Conde Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2020

Literally none of this is true.

Eddief978 has never even been to our property. We’ve asked TripAdvisor to remove this review as it is false and contains only 2nd/3rd hand information.

I followed up on these allegations personally; the results of my investigation are as follows:

There was/is free parking at the site. The guests apparently were confused about where their room was and parked further away than was necessary.

There was a balcony to the room they rented, but apparently they did not understand how to access it and they didn’t ask for guidance.

The TV was set to the wrong input (most likely because the guests inadvertently changed it); this was corrected.

The tub didn’t drain because the guests in question clogged it. I called a plumber the following day to fix the problem.

There was no black mold anywhere. Check our cleaning ratings on our other hundreds of reviews. We have an incredible housekeeping team that take pride in their work.

I ask again that TripAdvisor remove this review.