“Great small theatre”
Review of Crescent Theater

Crescent Theater
Ranked #1 of 90 things to do in Mobile
Reviewed September 27, 2017

I love this independent theatre. Small and intimate. The owner is great. Chairs are comfy and if you arrive early, you might get a recliner!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"small theatre"
"theater seating"
in 2 reviews
"great place to see a movie"
"dinner and a movie"
in 24 reviews
"rows"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

I went for the first time for my 16th birthday to watch The Beatles Eight Days A Week Documentary and it was amazing!

The owner is very nice, you can also have wine/beer too. If you get there early, you can get the recliners in the very front.

I heard recently that it may be closing down soon ;w; so go when you can!!!

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

I honestly made a last second decision to visit this theater. What a unique experience. Grabbed popcorn and a beer and sat in a front row recliner watching a cool new release. If you're in downtown Mobile, make this a priority. The owner introduces the movie before starting it. And the only preview is the upcoming movie. It like watching a new release movie at home with a hundred random friends.

Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

Walking through Dauphine Street in Mobile we stumbled across a small cinema that looked interesting enough to look inside. I'm glad we did; the proprietor runs the whole thing, he advised us to reserve recliners, pop out and come back for the 6 o'clock showing of Hidden Figures.

The film was excellent but what stood out for us was the personal service and brilliant ambience of the cinema. If it wasn't 5,000 miles from home I'd go every time there was a new film showing!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

We visited from out of town and bought our tickets for La La Land in advance online. Arrive early (at least 30 min) to secure the best seats, the front row and a portion of row two are large recliners. Concessions are reasonably priced, they also have a selection of beer and wine. Light blankets available if you're cold natured. The operator gave a brief introduction before the movie, excellent touch, added to the intimacy of the experience. Unfortunately I was seated next to (reserved seats so I assume they're regulars) and in front of people who chose to speak aloud to their companions several times during the film. Sad that the living room mentality is present even in a quaint setting like this. "He's gonna miss her play" some idiot blurted out during one scene. No kidding, Einstein.

Been to Crescent Theater? Share your experiences!