All reviews front desk hotel breakfast fitness room nice pool free breakfast beds were comfortable staff was very friendly new orleans florida interstate rates
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

Our arrangements were made by a friend (a local pastor) who assured us the even though renovations were underway, we would be well taken care of.
He was right. We were upgraded from a double room to a king with no raise in fees. Our room had been remodeled and it was very clean, comfortable and spacious. And it was right off of I-10 and convenient to several restaurants and local shopping.
The restroom was very clean and well stocked with fresh clean towels. And the shower head was high enough that I could use it comfortably, which is a definite plus since I'm over 6 feet tall.
The room was cool and comfortable. The king sized bed was very comfortable and allowed us great nights sleep.
I usually stay at another hotel chain who's name also starts with the letter H. But this Holliday Inn met and exceeded all of our expectations and we are glad we stayed here during our two day visit.
To sum it up in ... this is a highly recommended facility !

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Brianne C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience in our newly renovated room! We appreciate your recommendation highly and can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2018

While I was perusing the Holiday Inn website for this hotel, I noticed different rates for the same style room. I wasn’t sure what was happening until I discovered that there were room rates that included breakfast and room rates that didn’t. They use a voucher system, so for an extra $5.00 per night per room, a sit-down breakfast is included. But I didn’t know that until we checked-in for our stay.

The first morning we went to the restaurant and were seated. We gave the vouchers to the very nice waitress, who then handed us menus. Up to this point we guessed that since we had vouchers and we were handed menus, that we could order anything off the menu. Unfortunately, not true. When the waitress came back with our tea and water, we asked about the choices and that is when she told us that the vouchers get you one specific breakfast on the menu which consisted of eggs, toast, meat (sausage, bacon or ham) and juice. We took the included breakfast, ate and left for the day. The next day it was the same thing, vouchers and the standard fare. By the third day we were tired of the high cholesterol food and asked about a substitution. She said no. It wasn’t until we mentioned the cholesterol that she agreed to let us make a substitution and skip the eggs and meat.

This may not sound like a big deal, except they seemed to keep everything a big secret. If you don’t look closely enough at the website, you may not see that there are two different rates for the same room, one with breakfast and one without. When you check in, you get vouchers for breakfast, but no one mentions that you get one choice on the menu. When you get to the restaurant for breakfast, you aren’t told that your vouchers are only good for one choice until you ask. I wonder what would have happened if we would have ordered one of the breakfasts that weren’t covered by the vouchers? Would we have been asked to pay? All-in-all, just a strange way to operate.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DauphinTravelers
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2018

DauphinTravelers,

Hello from Holiday Inn Mobile West - I-10, we're glad to have hosted your stay. We consistently aim to provide comfortable accommodations. That in mind, I'm pleased to see your stellar ratings for our location and service level. Without a doubt, scores like these continue to inspire us to provide True Hospitality for everyone! On the other hand, I'm sorry you were let down by our breakfast setup and the voucher's inclusions. I've shared your sentiments with management to ensure that similar situations may be properly communicated to our guests.

Thanks for your candor. I hope you find your way back when your plans bring you again to the area.

Kindest regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

I wanted to like this hotel, I really did. We had tons of problems during our one night stay before our cruise — no one staffing the front desk, elevators not really working, computers not working for guest use (a staff member using Facebook on the only working one), breakfast was such a joke/horrible microwaved food, our room was so humid all of our belongings were physically wet, room phone disconnected so I had no way to contact anyone/front desk wasn’t manned when I finally went downstairs, hardly any lights in the room, construction noise starting at dawn, housekeeping ignoring our DND sign... and more — but the icing on the cake was that we paid $40 for a “park and cruise” option so that we could leave our car and the hotel would shuttle us there AND back from the cruise port. No issues going to the cruise port, but when we called for a pick up, no one showed up. We waited AN HOUR! And there was another family who had already been waiting an hour before we called. I called 5 times and each time I was lied to that the van was on the way and would be there in 10 minutes. We ended up paying out of pocket for an Uber. This was completely unacceptable service. Avoid this unprofessional excuse for a hotel at all costs.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Megan R
Brianne C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear Megan,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn MOBILE WEST - I-10.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future. I can assure you that this is not our standard. We aim to please each one of our guests.

I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception to the service we provide.

Brianne Carrier
Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Where did they get the picture of that nice room on the website? My room, with a view of the roof, had dark outdated carpet that I feared walking barefoot on. The refrigerator froze my insulin and food. The air conditioner looked like it was from the 70’s. That being said I was told renovations are in process when I checked in. The first morning at 9:45 I was offered the breakfast buffet and had to listen to management and staff discuss scheduling. The second day at 9am I was offered breakfast from a menu by a very pleasant young lady. The eggs and bacon were prepared to perfection! I appreciated that my dog was accepted but it would have been nice if there was a potty area with bags in the vicinity. Not everyone brought theirs and we had to dodge piles. I was 15 min from Bellingrath and probably the same from a road house steak house.
I will definitely ask about renovations prior to making a reservation next time!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Hi travelismypassion,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to know that you had a satisfying breakfast experience.

I am saddened that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us due to the ongoing renovations at the hotel. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these issues may have caused. I have shared your feedback with the management, as we endeavor to continuously improve our service and procedures.

We value you as our guest and hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with an exceptional stay in the future once our renovations are complete.

Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed February 14, 2018

Very convenient for our cruise experience. The room was nice, clean and had a huge TV (we were there Super Bowl Sunday).
The price included breakfast, shuttle transport to and from the terminal and parking while we cruised!
We were fully satisfied with our one night stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends