“The last hotel I stayed in was wretched. This one redeemed traveling!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Blountsville, Alabama
“The last hotel I stayed in was wretched. This one redeemed traveling!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

This hotel was very clean, smelled nice, and had tiny bottles of mouthwash. (Its the little things) The staff was friendly. My toilet wouldn't flush and they had two people down in a jiffy, both of them holding plungers! The staff was constantly offering to clean the room, or change the sheets, or get me anything if I needed it. There was always someone available at the desk to assist me, even late at night. I had all of the clean towels I needed. The whole place was very clean. There was a nice small inside pool. Visitors at the hotel were business types and soldiers, so I never felt uncomfortable. The bed was very comfortable. This was a great place to stay and I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

Hotel is clean and quite. Stayed here for two nights with my family on our way from New Orleans to Orlando. Free parking, internet, and breakfast. Rooms are spacious, we had two double beds in addition to a big sofa. Laundry facilities very convenient. Breakfast was also a good deal. Pool was also nice, although very small, but the kids enjoyed it since we were alone in the pool. Would come back anytime.

Room Tip: Stayed on the first floor. Very conveniently close to the pool and the laundry room.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
West Monroe, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

I chose this hotel because the room description said it slept 6 and it was along the route of where I was driving. I saw that it had 2 beds and a sleeper sofa. There were 5 of us traveling so that met my needs or so I thought. Little did I know the 2 beds were doubles and did not sleep 2 comfortably. To be fair, after I arrived an saw the beds, I checked the site and it DID say they were doubles BUT I think it is unfair to advertise that as being able to sleep 2 people. My wife and I are both small to medium sized people and we were not comfortable. Even beyond the beds being small, they were simply in poor shape, the mattress slumped to the middle. The sofa sleeper was broken. The springs under it were missing so it could not be used as a sleeper. When I complained I was told they didn't have any more rooms with 2 beds and a sleeper available.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Thekeithmeister318
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, 21 August 2014

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

I've stayed at this hotel MANY times and it seems it is heading downhill fast. The rooms are not as clean as they once were and the staff is not as friendly or helpful (except for the night man with the loads of jokes). Maintenance is needed. At night, smokers and kids or young adults hang out of their rooms on the walkways making the hotel look like a dive. However, the pool area is great and the breakfast is good. The fitness center is in good shape. The lobby is clean and neat. It seems to be a safe area (except for those hanging out of their rooms). But you might want to stay at the Comfort Suites (I've stayed there too) in front of this property and owned by the same.
Best of luck. It's a crap shoot.

Room Tip: Choicehotels.com but you can also get a Roomsaver Magazine for a lower rate.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

We have stayed at this property twice now (last year and this year) on our way to Florida for vacation. Both stays were pleasant and we found the rooms to be nice, comfortable, and clean. I'm surprised to find such negative reviews because we didn't experience anything negative. I would agree that the front desk staff seem more interested in their computer than talking to customers, but I didn't find any to be outright rude. I actually found that the dining room attendent was actually very kind and accommodating when faced with a rude guest. I would stay again and probably will again next year on our way to Florida. The hotel is conveniently located and has plenty of food choices.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank nixtravelz
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

Have paid a lot less for much better service. Front desk staff rude & seemingly bored. Was an effort to get any help. Didn't recognize our choice privileges number. Room was small, ok, clean but nothing special, tiny pool with clourine smell throughout lobby.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank C3travelbug

Lewiston, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

I had a very pleasant stay in this property. Nice large rooms, comfortable beds, clean rooms, safe location, courteous and accommodating staff, average breakfast, good location with easy freeway access. Definitely will be back in spite of the experience of suspected bed bugs. I was put in a very spacious double queen suite with a sleeper sofa. The first night I slept on one of the queens. The next two nights, I slept on the sleeper sofa and bites showed up on my arm during the day. However, since I was in a mosquito infested area during the day, I could not specifically pinpoint the origin of the bites - therefore, it is only speculation that it could have come from the mattress of the sleeper sofa in the room. On my next trip to Mobile, if the Comfort Inn shows up again as the one with the best value for the rate, I will choose to stay with them. I believe that they would have done what they can to eliminate the bed bugs from the mattress.
However, if I were to receive another series of bites from my next stay, I will certainly be very adamant about getting a satisfaction guaranteed stay from that property, and lodge a bigger complaint to the management to resolve that situation permanently.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business