“im not so sure about this place”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Orlando, Florida
“im not so sure about this place”
Reviewed 11 March 2011

well i picked it mostly because of the pool, but when we went in their i was shocked. the pool was extremely small. another thing i actually work at a hotel, at the front desk, and i was really suprised at how some other front desk people act. i know that when i am working i always try to give everyone respect no matter what. the front desk staff their, not just one person but two people were lazy, sat in their chairs the whole time playing on the computer, and very short when i asked a question. also the breakfast was not that great, and the breakfast girl walked around the lobby on her cell phone the entire time. PEOPLE, really grow up and learn a little manners, and respect. Id love to go work there and whip some people into shape, im just stating the fact!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank bizwoman33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 1 January 2011

We are a choice priv members and have stayed at a LOT of comfort suites. This is the worst one for cust service so far. Hotel is clean. Pool is TINY...aprx 15X25 ft. Pool was warm to swim in though. Pillows are tiny and front desk would not give us more. Felt like we were a huge burden to front desk guy when we asked him a question...very unhelpful on eveery account. I think he was more interested in listening to his headphones. I guess u can tell we were not happy with this location. Don't waste your money.

• Stayed January 2011
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 20 November 2010

My boss booked me a room in Mobile as I was not familliar with the area. I arrived late and when I opened the door I had to leave the door open to allow some oxygen to enter. I later determined that the pipes were leaking and the carpet was soaked and moldy, obviously for some time. There were dirt marks on the wall and the dry part of the carpet. It was late, I was tired, otherwise I would have been out of there like the place was on fire. In 12 years of travelling for work, this room was in my all time worst 10. I closed my eyes for six hours and got out of there. On a positive note, the internet worked.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I expect more from a Comfort Inn. The room and everything about it was average. A few minutes doing routine maintenance would make a heck of a difference.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Placitas, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Only stayed one night here but have ZERO compaints. Arrived around midnight yet was checked in by a very courteous gentleman who got our key to us very quickly. The room was clean as were all the furnishings and bathroom...something I've learned to check for right away over the years. It was a non-smoking room and actually smelled that way. There was some minor paint peeling in the bathroom ceiling but that was honestly the worst thing I could find. The hotel was situated behind the Comfort Suites so some folks may get confused and try to check in there. The hotel was not in a "bad" neighborhood - also a plus. The included breakfast was good. Just continental but everything was clean and the eating area was comfortable and pleasant. They have one of those "make your own waffle" presses.
We had gone to drop our daughter off at college that weekend. As she will be there for the next two years, I have no doubt we'll be returning to the Comfort Inn on Springdale Blvd.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank vr6pilot
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2010

This hotel was disgusting, dingy sheets, squished bug on the wall, old swim wear in the bathroom. We ended up going to the Comfort Inn and sweets next door, for 30 dollars more we got a clean much better room, however the manager did cancel my charge after we saw how nasty it was.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 April 2010

My family and friends were travelling together to go on a cruise. When we arrived, the appearance met our satisfaction along with the cleanliness of the hotel. We were starting out our great family and friends vacation! The big surprise came the next morning. Housekeeping kept knocking on the door wanting things and checking to see if we were still in the room. It wasn't until a couple hours later that we discovered that while I was in the shower, housekeeping entered the room twice and stole money to the sum of $196 out of my mother-in-law's purse and wallet. When we questioned the manager, all we got was a "I'm going to talk with my staff about entering the rooms until guests have checked out" speech. After we returned from our trip, I now think that housekeeping and management might be in this scam together. We have stayed at other Choice Hotels and have not had this problem. Just BEWARE and not stay at this one or the rooms will cost you more than the listed rate!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family