Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Review Highlights
Field Trip

I went with my child’s class for a field trip. It was a great educational experience for them and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
jrteat2
Shorterville, Alabama
via mobile
fantastic place to go for history

all children should visit this place and so should history lovers The characters tha give live... read more

Reviewed August 14, 2018
anitasanders
Sipsey, Alabama

All reviews veterans memorial school children period dress american revolution american village re enactors tulip festival patrick henry replica tulips wheatley democracy characters poet alabama history admission
Reviewed March 5, 2018

This was a wonderful Sunday afternoon outing. Beautiful pops of bold colors - row after row of tulips. Admission to the tulip field on weekends was $5.00 - this also gives you admission to other buildings on the grounds. Tulips may be picked ($1.50) - this includes the bulb so that you can take home for planting. Plenty of parking - carts run continuously throughout the park to pick up and carry you throughout the park. If you decide to walk the grounds - plenty of walking room and well kept grounds. Workers were friendly - excellent experience! Looking forward to next year's Tulip Festival!

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank 972Rebecca
1776Patriot, Public Relations Manager at American Village Citizenship Trust, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Wow! What a wonderful review! Thank you. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to the Festival of Tulips at American Village. Come back to see us soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

We went to the tulip festival and had a great time! The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed exploring the grounds. Not all of the buildings were open, but we enjoyed the ones that were. The staff was very friendly. Overall a fun afternoon with the family!

Date of experience: March 2018

Thanks! We're glad you enjoyed your visit, and hope you come back soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

This is a very good location that tells the story of the American Revolution. There are several replica buildings from that time period. The tour guides are in period dress and talk as though you are really in that time. You can learn to march in formation.. hear Thomas Jefferson speak... and be part of Paul Revere's ride (somewhat.) It's a great place for young persons learning about American Independence. I was wondering just what this might be in the Alabama countryside... but once there my family and I made had a full, fun day.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Fun, interesting and educational way to spend the day! It was hot but the planned scenes from history and the musical presentations were excellent. Take time to go back in time and visit this wonderful place!

Date of experience: July 2017
1776Patriot, Public Relations Manager at American Village Citizenship Trust, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

Thanks for your review of our Independence Day celebration! I will pass along your wonderful comments to our staff.

Reviewed April 23, 2017

The American Village is a lovely place to visit. My son was busy at Montevallo for the day, and I was worried I wouldn't have enough to do while I was on my own. I spent two hours at American Village, and I found them quite enjoyable.

I've seen most of the original places that the recreations are of, but I thought they did a wonderful job with everything they had. My favorite part was watching the performance of the Phillis Wheatley re-enactor. She was fabulous!

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank molliew452
1776Patriot, Public Relations Manager at American Village Citizenship Trust, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

Mollie, thank you for your wonderful comments about the American Village! We so appreciate your visit. I hope you (and your son) can join us again.