“Hands down, consistent good food”

Island Delight Caribbean Restaurant
Ranked #119 of 469 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Reviewed 26 March 2015

I've been frequenting this restaurant for years now and it's one of the best in the city. The food is hot, fresh and delicious each time. The oxtails, jerk chicken, festival and plantains are my favorites. Really, there is nothing that isn't appetizing. I really like that the food is consistently good and the portion size is great. I know what to expect each time I'm there. The owners are nice people as well and treat the customers kindly. I definitely recommend this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Island Delight Caribbean Restaurant

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Having lived in the Caribbean for 12 years, we were excited to find this Caribbean Restaurant close to our friend and meeting location at the gate to Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, AL. We were delighted with the rice and beans and choice of Curried Goat (Chivo Guisado in the Dominican Republic) Jerk Chicken and Oxtail. Everything was excellent and I am sure we will visit again when in Montgomery or passing through.

1  Thank Silonius3
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This place was so great that we went back the next day for lunch. The first day I had the jerk chicken with cabbage. It tasted great! The next day I had the ox tail with cabbage and it was tasty as well. I licked my plate. Pricing is reasonable and the portions are just right. You can chose to get the small or large plate.

1  Thank Ann G
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I had the chicken curry and it was delicious. Only problem was that chicken still had the bones in it so you have to be careful while eating it. Other than that the food was great the service was good. I'll probably eat here at least once a week at during the eight weeks I'm here.

1  Thank Young64
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I got excited to eat here but they were closed. It was 7:30 on a Monday evening.

2  Thank GonadBarbarian