“Excellent Caribbean Food”

Island Delight Caribbean Restaurant
Ranked #97 of 480 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Reviewed 28 August 2015

I have eaten at Island Delight many times and have ALWAYS had a delicious meal. The oxtails and gravy are superb, as is the goat curry. The plantains are consistently a treat. Surprisingly, their potato salad is probably the best I have ever had. Having Jamaican sodas such as ginger beer is a real treat. Within a week or so, Island Delight will be opening a larger restaurant on Dexter Avenue in downtown Montgomery. Instead of being open only for lunch and not at all on weekends, the new restaurant will be open all week and will serve dinner also. I can hardly wait!

Reviewed 26 March 2015

I've been frequenting this restaurant for years now and it's one of the best in the city. The food is hot, fresh and delicious each time. The oxtails, jerk chicken, festival and plantains are my favorites. Really, there is nothing that isn't appetizing. I really like that the food is consistently good and the portion size is great. I know what to expect each time I'm there. The owners are nice people as well and treat the customers kindly. I definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Having lived in the Caribbean for 12 years, we were excited to find this Caribbean Restaurant close to our friend and meeting location at the gate to Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, AL. We were delighted with the rice and beans and choice of Curried Goat (Chivo Guisado in the Dominican Republic) Jerk Chicken and Oxtail. Everything was excellent and I am sure we will visit again when in Montgomery or passing through.

1  Thank Silonius3
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This place was so great that we went back the next day for lunch. The first day I had the jerk chicken with cabbage. It tasted great! The next day I had the ox tail with cabbage and it was tasty as well. I licked my plate. Pricing is reasonable and the portions are just right. You can chose to get the small or large plate.

1  Thank Ann G
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I had the chicken curry and it was delicious. Only problem was that chicken still had the bones in it so you have to be careful while eating it. Other than that the food was great the service was good. I'll probably eat here at least once a week at during the eight weeks I'm here.

1  Thank Young64