“My favorite spot for Pho!”
Review of Saigon Deli - CLOSED

Saigon Deli
Cuisines: Deli, Vietnamese
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Okay...it is pretty much Montgomery's only stop for Pho. But I love the spicy beef broth soup and always start my meals with a Summer Roll. I highly recommend!

1  Thank Jddean

Reviewed January 3, 2010

We visit this place more than any other in Montgomery. We end up getting about the same thing everytime because it is so good (the vermicelli curry soup). We like it a lot, the service isn't what we go for, the food is!

1  Thank komodoSpit
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I first experience Vietnamese cuisine in Birmingham, Alabama. It became one of my favorites. I was thankful to find Saigon Deli when I moved to Montgomery a few years ago. It is by far my favorite restraunt in town. The atmosphere is somewhat humorous. The place was formerly a Logan Farms restraunt. I know this because the wall paper still says "Logan Farms." They added some Vietnamese flare though. The place is family owned and once you get to know them, they are very polite. I can see how a first-time visitor could get teh impression that they were rude. However, it doesn't detract from the delicious food. I would recommend going again and again.

2  Thank what_the_pho
Reviewed June 30, 2009

The food is definitely the star here because the restaurant is a little tacky and a little worn. Nice selection of meals ranging from your usual fried rice to Pho, a Vietnamese staple. Great egg rolls and we LIKED the service (and we're all pretty white). The owner was very helpful in determining just how hot we wanted things and was exceedingly nice to our children (13 & 9). Maybe the other reviewer visited while he was away? The cooks looked to be Hispanic and laughed at me when I discovered just how hot that red chili oil can be. I wasn't insulted - it was dang hot! If you can overlook the threadbare (but clean) location, in a non-descript strip mall on a declining side of town, then by all means go! WWBB, too.

Reviewed May 22, 2009

I concede the risk in just the inference of "preferred" customers; but Asians are treated distinctly different in this restaurant. My wife and I are white; we were greeted with a bland stare and a pointing of the waitress to a nearby table. We were not offered/asked about drinks; she arrived with pad in hand. When I asked if they had beer, I got a "nuh-uh"; nothing verbal. The matron of the restaurant delivered our spring rolls; laid them at the edge of the table and literally piled our utensils in one spot beside my wife, and walked off. A granddaughter of the owner literally rode her bicycle between the tables, bumping into customers and arguing with her oblivious, more likely apathetic, parents. Comparatively, when a family of Asians, and then a group of Asian business men arrived, the waitress and owner nearly fell over themselves to serve them. It was brazen and unmistakeable. The food was acceptable and served promptly. But we shall not return.