“Nice Course”

Grand National Golf Course
Reviewed April 20, 2018

Clubhouse staff was great and the facility is very nice, but I walk golf courses and struggle with courses that are built for golf carts. There are many courses on the RTJ Trail; this was one and done for me because it is not walkable.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"take care"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

We visited these courses as part of a package on the Robert Trent golf trail. Wonderful golf, staff very friendly and helpful, prices moderate although we hit there in a cold spell. Highly recommend the golf experience.

Reviewed March 27, 2018

I just returned from the weekend golfing the Links and the Lakes course with 3 buddies.
we could not of had more fun , due to the hospitality of everyone at the course all of the staff at the Marriott. Everyone we met could not of been more helpful and friendlier.
I am reading about the pace of play and the rangers, it is a fine line to keep everybody happy with the pace of play. We are 13-20 handicappers we played the whites and still had to let a twosome and foursome through. That is what you are supposed to do if you have quick golfers on your back. The staff thanked us for doing that. UNLIKE the staff at the Judge course.
Jonathan, recommended the judge so we golfed on Sunday, we had a twosome behind us and let them play through after third hole, we finished 9 holes we come off the green and the marshal says we are 8 minutes behind the pace and there is no one in sight. That pissed all four of us off, the rangers were constantly watching us and it did put a damper on our round. There was not a foursome behind us all day we finished in 4/1/2 hours. The judge was a beautiful course but the rangers are not friendly, and would rather stay and play at grand national. We are coming back next year!

Reviewed March 18, 2018

My son and I just played these courses the last 2 days and I must say what a great experience we had. We played the Links course in the morning and had a great time. This course was a great layout and very challenging (for mid-handicappers). We REALLY enjoyed the Links Course. Then we played the front 9 on the Lakes Course that afternoon and only played 9 holes. We had a small incident with a ranger, who told our group to speed up play, even though we had to wait on the group in front of us. this got me upset and we quit after 9 because our group rushed the 9th and I was not going to hurry the back nine and still have to wait on the group in front of us. We went to the Clubhouse to look at buying some RTJ clothing, etc. due to having a 15% discount before heading out for the day. When I was approached to see if I needed any help, I told the guy exactly what happened and how that soured our experience so far just so they would know to tell the Rangers to better handle situations. They were VERY apologetic and went out of their way to make our experience 100% good. This turned a negative incident into a wonderful experience due to the professionalism shown fro the folks in the Pro Shop. THIS is how customer experience should be. I told them they did not have to do what they did, as we enjoyed the morning round immensely, but they said they did NOT want someone to leave the property with a bad experience. Kudos to their making sure we were more than welcome and felt like we were important to them. We were scheduled to play the Lake Course the next morning and then the Links Course again, but decided to change that to play the Short Course in the morning and then the Links in the afternoon. SO happy we did. The Short Course was a ton of fun, and then we had a great time again on the Links in the afternoon. When we went back to the Pro Shop after those rounds, I was approached and asked by name if everything went well. What could I say but that we have really enjoyed our time here at grand National and that the entire staff, especially David and Jim have WAY exceeded my expectations for Hospitality and making sure we were WELL taken care of.
To wrap this up, if you are looking for a fun place to play a couple of Championship 18-hole Courses and a great Short Course, where you will be treated with great Southern Hospitality, consider playing here. Great golf and great folks.

1  Thank James B