“everything you could need or want” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Perdido Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
new orleans
“everything you could need or want”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

Perdido Beach Resort Hotel was the perfect place for our anniversary weekend. There was no need to leave to go anywhere else in the area. You have a magnificent view of the beach & water & pool. The restaurants are fabulous with a formal romantic restaurant, a casual one and a snack bar by the pool. The landscaping is beautiful and the rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. Room service was awesome, too! We thoroughly enjoyed the fitness room with plenty of treadmills, ellypticals & weight machines. There is an arcade, icecream shop & gift shop. I saw two locations near the water that would be great for an outdoor wedding or event. There was even live entertainment every night outside. We truly wanted to stay for several more nights. We WILL be going back next year.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jillws

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Baton Rouge
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Older hotel with beautiful views. The property has been well maintained. We did have a few minor problems. I would return if the price was right. If not i would try a newer property.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank damck2
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

I hosted a customer appreciation event this past weekend (Oct. 14-16) at the Perdido Beach Resort and I received nothing but praise and rave reviews from the VICs (Very Important Customers) who attended.

First and foremost, I must give credit to Tara (Conference Service Manager) and Lisa (Sales Manager) for pulling this event together in such a short period of time. I had taken care of all the details for the three day event except where we would stay. I thought Orange Beach would be slow in the fall and hotel rooms plentiful. I was wrong!

With only a week before the event I was in a panic when I found all of the commercial chain hotels were sold out due to the annual shrimp festival weekend. That's when I contacted Perdido Beach Resort and spoke to Lisa. She and Tara worked together to create a room plan for my guests (eleven rooms) along with an intineary and dining options.

Frankly speaking, I expected to pay a premium rate for the rooms due to my late booking and due to all of the chain hotels being sold out. I was pleased at the rate that I received (lower than the rates provided by Hotels.com group sales). The resort is a little dated but it's clean and well maintained. The superiority of the staff's customer service more than made up for any imperfections in the appearance.

When I arrive on Friday afternoon I was greeted in the lobby by Lisa and she walked me through how everything was set-up. I was impressed by the resort's staff and their willingness to answer questions and provide assistance. My guests starting arrive shortly afterwards and everyone checked in with no problems. We had a couple of last minute requests for room changes and the staff make the changes immediately.

On Saturday night (after a very long but enjoyable day fishing on the Reel Surprise), we had a group dinner at the Voyager Resturant located within the resort. The only change I would make in the future is to have the group dinner the night everyone arrives rather than after a ten hour fishing trip. The service was perfect and the food was outstanding. However, the dinner conversation was sparse (due to everyone being exhausted!).

Because of my schedule I had to leave on Sunday morning before my guests checked out. I was a bit concerned about the potential for problems during check out but again my concerns proved wrong. Everyone checked out and departed without issues.

The biggest problem now is that my VICs want to come back next year for a golf and fishing weekend, but that's a great problem to have!!!

PS...a message to Tara and Lisa...please make sure everyone at Perdido Beach Resort gets this message. EHD appreciates all that you did to make our weekend perfect!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Carolina-Hiker
In the South
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I just returned from a conference stay at this hotel (the third time I've been to a conference there). I read some of the other reviews and wonder what people really expect in a hotel. The room was fine. It was a HOTEL ROOM. The flat screen tv was nice, the view we had of the beach was good. I think the bathroom is a bit on the small side, but it did have separate vanities, a toilet and a bathtub/shower. Pretty much what I expect in a bathroom.

The room had Wi-fi, a refrigerator, a coffee maker and iron/ironing board. No--there was not a microwave, but Perdido is far from the first hotel I've stayed in without a microwave. There was, however, a communal microwave at the ice machine. Better than no microwave at all, right? (not that I needed one)

Everyone I came in contact with (check-in, operator, housekeeping--in person and on the phone, bartender and piano player) were all friendly enough.

If I owned/built my own hotel, would I want it to be just like this one? Not really but in the overall scheme of things, there is nothing wrong with this hotel.

I do agree that you would want a room AWAY from the elevator. It dings and the people who get off the elevator are loud. We had a room across from the elevator one year, and that was pretty brutal.

Otherwise, look at the water, see the waves, drink some beer, eat some seafood....it's a vacation (whether it's business or not).

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank NOLA14
Pensacola, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

My husband and I wanted a weekend get-a-away to relax and instead we did not sleep at all. Cons: The sliding glass door would not shut all the way and so it made howling wind sounds all night. The tub is smaller than a standard size and the carpet was filthy. The king size bed we got was very uncomfortable.
Pros: Availability- possibly because it is not a high demand resort due to quality of the rooms. Valet parking and common area amenities.
I advise that you plan ahead and take your money elsewhere. Their price was the same as some higher quality hotels on the same road.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank S S
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

I came down with my sister, bro-in-law, & niece for a gymnastics competition they were having in Orange Beach. The team was staying at Perdido Beach Resort, so we stayed as well. It was a very nice place. As far as room quality goes, it's an overpriced hotel basically. The rooms were clean, but small. It had a small refer in it. The balcony is enough room for 2 adults max. We had a pool view room, but because they didn't have it clean when we got there, they transfered us across the hall to a parking lot view room. We were only there for 1 night, so this wasn't a huge deal. We were headed the next day to PCB for a vacation. I guess it's the things that make it a "resort" that I can recommend. The pool is very cool! Its large and has live entertainment. I'm not sure what his name was, but I stayed very amused. He was having a blast up there singing and playing the guitar with those tracks. You couldn't help having fun with him. There is a pool side bar (where you can get virgins drinks as well) & a place to order lunch type food. Food & drinks were kind of pricy, but that is to be expected at a place like that. Apparently there are other restraunts as well, but we weren't really there long enough to check it out. If you can afford it and your looking for a hotel room experience, it's a great place to be. It is a beach front resort, but be prepared for long walk. Also, don't rely on GPS to get you there. Ours had us totally lost. We had to turn around and search for it. The building is kind of hard to find unless it's night where you can see the sign lit up. I can't really rate the service there since I wasn't the one that checked us in. They did offer complimentary valet, but we never used it, so I can't really rate it either. Hopefully this review helped.

Room Tip: Be willing to wait for a pool side or ocean side room. It makes it a nicer experience. Personally, I...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Ashley C
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights in September 2011 while exploring this beach area. The lobby is nice as is the pool and beach area. The Cafe breakfast buffet is good and so is the ice cream in the beach access lobby. The rooms are clean with a refrigerator, small balcony, comfortable bed, and massaging shower head. It is along the lines of a Hampton Inn room. There is a microwave in the vending machine room. The worst part was the music at the pool. The speakers were too loud, the music selection was HORRIBLE and the singer was laughable. He could play the guitar and knew the words, but made up the melody. It was like a bad singer in a SNL skit. The piano player in the lobby was good.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing beach or pool.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family