“It was ok”

Big Mike's Steakhouse
Ranked #36 of 147 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped in with my son's family and my wife. A little disappointed. Waited a little while for a table, there were six of us. But that was ok, I got to talk with everyone for awhile. When we got to the table and saw the menu. How can you call yourself a Steakhouse and not have sirloin on the menu? So I ordered the ribeye steak which is the most popular around this area. I like my steak well done, I had enough uncooked meat in the military. My steak was not well done, medium well maybe, more like medium and lots of fat, but like I said I like Sirloin. My wife had Catfish and she said it was very good.The staff was very friendly and kept the drinks flowing,( I had Coke) they also brought out two plates for my son and his wife and they split a meal. All in all it was a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I give the Food a 10+stars, Ambiance 4 stars and service 5 stars. We waited about 15 minutes after ordering everything, including a glass of water, to get that water. It took another 10 minutes to get the glasses of wine. Yet it cannot be overlooked that this restaurant is jammed pretty much from open to close. So, assuming many are repeat customers, they are doing something right. Some may find that tables topped with 'Butcher Paper' along with the waiters or busboys constantly parading through the dining area with fresh cut sheets as each table is reset to be quaint. I found it distracted from a very tasty meal. ($84.00 tax & tip + two glasses of wine for two.) Recommended for those who like kitschy things like butcher paper, and those who can ignore it because the food is great.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Disclaimer I'm not a steak guy ... but don't get me wrong I like them but I'm no expert. Normally a steak is good for me if I can toss on some A1. Yet ... I found the chance to go to Big Mike's on a local recommendation and I love it! The steak I had was amazing and frankly, one of the best I've ever eaten ... and I don't use that line normally a lot. Only down side was the service seemed a bit slow and could be just our specific server. Be warned also, if you like your steaks well done ... they seem to cater to basically steaks cooked medium or less.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I’ve been to Orange Beach quite a few times but had never visited this place. I finally got a chance to check it out and I’m glad that I did. The food was very good. The OBA shrimp appetizer was great. I had the Canal Road Strip (New York strip) which was seasoned well and cooked perfectly. The meal also comes with a bread loaf and honeybutter which are delicious. Now, there was a bit of a wait to be seated (45-60 minutes) and they do not take reservations. The hostess handled things like a “champ” though. Although the wait was long, no one was irritated or angry, which is a testament to the way the front of the house was run. This is the best food that I have had in Orange Beach thus far. I’d recommend giving it a try. Just get there early because it fills up FAST!!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Me and My Mother where here on a trip the last of September, So I had read the reviews and thought we should check it out. well we stopped by to see what time they were open and they said 4, so we went to the beach for a little came back at 4:27 and the place was packed out, this was on a Saturday, We had two 16 ounce Ribeye's and they were huge so we had plenty left the next morning, when I tell you it was like each bite was a taste of heaven. this was by far the best steak I have eaten in awhile, my Mother thought so as well... excellent..... and will be back.