“Amazing steak!”

Big Mike's Steakhouse
Ranked #36 of 147 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Came to Big Mike's based on other reviews, and we were not disappointed! This was by far the best steak we’ve eaten on the coast. The sides were also great, and the service was excellent. Will eat here each time we come to Orange Beach!

1  Thank wendylou37

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We came here during our stay in Orange Beach for our date night looking for a good steak house. The setting is like a cabin and very casual compared to the menu. $5 house wines are a great deal to start off with. We ordered the special "lobster mac and cheese" which we found imitation "krab" inside, a bit disappointing but for $5 I guess that is what you get. I ordered the tuna steak dinner which was delicious. My husband ordered The Big Mike ribeye which was nicely charred but smaller than anticipated for the $34 price tag. The server tried hard but seemed a bit overwhelmed which drinks taking a bit longer than they should. The place had a long wait by 6:30pm on a Saturday so we beat the crowd so be careful going on the weekend!

1  Thank Kara M
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Waited all summer to try due to always packed! Steak was absolutely delicious! Ordered fried mushrooms they were very good! Will be going back soon! Service was great!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Went on a Friday evening and experienced the expected wait. Was seated and was served drinks immediately. Ordered the fried mushrooms which were delivered piping hot in about 5 minutes. Plenty of food in a roadhouse atmosphere. Steak was good for the price, baked potato was perfectly done and served quickly. Only negatives were the atmosphere, noise level and the rushed feeling of the whole experience.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Number 1 rule of a good restaurant...food should be served hot. I was the second party seated on Thursday night and placed my order immediately. Other diners who were seated after me received their meals while I waited patiently. My filet mignon arrived barely warm, ditto for the steamed asparagus (skip it!). The meat was tender and flavorful but did not meet my expectations, due to the temperature. The salad was unimpressive; iceberg lettuce and boxed croutons. The dark bread and cinnamon-flavored butter were delicious. Big Mike's did not live up to the hype. I had a better filet mignon for half the price at Gilbey's the night before (weekly special: 5 oz. filet mignon for $16). Gilbey's was hot, tender and juicy, just what I'd expect a good steak to be.