“Outstanding Fish Tacos”

Fisher's at Orange Beach Marina
Reserve with OpenTable
Fisher's at Orange Beach Marina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 153 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Price range: US$16 - US$36
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fisher's at Orange Beach Marina is two restaurants under one roof. Fisher's Upstairs offers upscale dining in a beautiful and relaxed setting. Fisher's Dockside is a more casual option, perfect for kids and families. Both restaurants overlook beautiful Orange Beach Marina. Upstairs opens daily at 5pm and Dockside opens daily at 11am, and 10 am for an outstanding Sunday brunch. Executive Chef Briand is a 2016, 2017, and 2018 James Beard semifinalist for Best Chef South.
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Fisher's is actually two restaurants. The Upstairs is white table clothes and fine dining. The Downstairs is casual dining appropriate for a marina restaurant. This review is based on a single visit to the Downstairs.

I arrived a little early on a slightly rainy day. As I was travelling solo, I sat down at the bar, where a lovely bartender attended to my every whim. After some discussion with the bartender and one of the waitresses, I went for the fish tacos. That's not something I'd normally order, but boy am I glad I did. They were by fare the best I've ever had. The bartender kindly brought me some of the sweet potatoes cooked in root beer to try, as well. An imaginative twist on a traditional dish, they managed to elevate something familiar into something great.

I wish I'd been able to stay in Orange Beach to try the Upstairs, but if I'm ever back in town, Fisher's will be my first stop. Food that's imaginative, elevated and still rooted in tradition is hard to fine, and they're doing it really well.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank MarshallManson
Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful view and service. Wine selection is the best this side of Mississippi to Atlanta. Local craft beer and food are beyond expectation. Busy... worth the wait. Fishers is definitely a step up from the local Beach Fair tourist trap. Service is top-notch.

1  Thank victoriawD9389SW
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We went for dinner Tuesday 4.3.2018, I think the restaurant was overwhelmed by visitors. The kitchen ran out of a highly recommended appetizer (B. balls) we were excited to taste. In addition, our meal was over 45 minutes late but handled professionally/ The waiter (Bo) kept on checking on us, very apologetic updating us on status of meal, and took off a reasonable amount from check due to the significant delay. We appreciated Bo's southern charm and outstanding professionalism for a situation in the kitchen he had no control over. I especially enjoyed one of the house specialty cocktails ("sea" something) and the cheese grits.

1  Thank AleLMC67
OBGuestMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Fisher's at Orange Beach Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thanks for visiting and we apologize for the mishaps. We hope to you again soon!

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Amazing service, beautiful place with relaxed, informal, but somehow elegant ambience. Have never had anything but a wonderful dish here. Service is attentive but not obtrusive. This place also has the best wine list anywhere in Alabama South of Birmingham. I always try to eat here when in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area. Expensive, but a good value for the money if you want to up your dining out game.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank Rick H
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch. I had the catch of the day. It was great. The hummus platter was enjoyed by our group too. To finish off our meal we shared the ice cream with brownie. It didn’t last long. The scenery was nice. The service was excellent. They were out of straws and the manager ran out and bought some and got us cute paper straws. We were impressed. I recommend getting lunch here and then catching the dolphin cruise.

1  Thank CJMcB