I see all the recent negative reviews and am wondering how there could be such a disparity. We are (still) in an executive suite at the end and it is big and lovely. The bed is very comfortable, the view divine. There is a sink area inside the shower room and another sink area outside the shower room. We are watching the Masters on a 42" TV. The bed is topped by a big soft white comforter (not one of those "partial coverlets" so many hotels have). The front desk was very helpful checking in. The chaise lounges at the beach have shades to pull up if you want them and umbrellas to use if that's not enough shade. The pool area is beautiful with lots of lounges to sit in. Had lunch today at their cafe which had the basics - not gourmet food but not bad food either (sandwiches, hamburgers, etc). Room was serviced nicely with lots of towels, shampoos, soaps, etc. From my vantage point, this is a lovely hotel at a reasonable rate (we paid $185/night for the executive suite room compared to others at $200+ for this holiday weekend). We are having a lovely Easter weekend, largely due to the comfort of this wonderful hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton is well-known for providing an atmosphere that is both distinctive and uncommon; your family vacation, a relaxing getaway, your special event, reunion, or corporate event will feel exceptional. Every room in our hotel is Gulf Front and offers views of our beautiful emerald waters and our famous sugar-white sands. Each of our beachfront rooms provides personal balconies and newly-renovated amenities that will make your stay feel perfect. The Hotel is nestled directly on 336 feet of beachfront. Cushioned loungers with umbrellas are offered in front of the property, and a boardwalk from the pool takes you a few feet from the water. Located near Alabama Point and Perdido Pass, Island House rests at the main bay where the Intracoastal Waterway meets the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf’s largest charter boat fishing fleet, many sailboats, yachts and recreational watercraft set sail right before our eyes each day. Most importantly, our culture of customer service, attention to detail, location and amenities make a great combination for the perfect stay for work or play. Come see why Island House Hotel is a favorite beach spot in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and is considered one of the jewels of the Gulf Coast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach
- Island Hotel Orange Beach
- The Island Hotel