“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Alabama
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 27 May 2011

My son and I were in the area to visit family and decided to stay at this hotel. The hotel is in a great location with many restaurants in walking distance. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gatdaddy3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Decent hotel - king room was kind of small and had one of my pet peeves - could not see the TV from the desk - had to move things around - staff pleasant - great location with plenty of eateries within walking distance and more across the interstate - right off I-20 so easy on and off.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank UTCFan
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2010

We travel to Anniston/Oxford frequently to visit family. Our usual accomodation is the Hampton Inn up the street or Victoria in town. A Choice promotion led me to try the Comfort Suites and I was not sorry. The price was certainly right, AAA rate was $62 a night, at least $10-30 less than our usual stopoffs. For that, we got a Jr suite with fridge, microwave and king bed with pillow top mattress, couch & coffee table. The housekeeping was meticulous - you couldn't tell the place had been open 2 years; it still looked brand new. Location is convenient with several restaurants within walking distance (drive to the Mexico Lindo in Target shopping plaza across I-20 for a treat).

Pluses: clean, friendly desk staff, huge counter in the bathroom, adequate lighting throughout, business center has 1 PC, 1 Mac (!!!).

Minuses: not my kind of breakfast (IHOP is nextdoor, though), ice/vending not on 2nd floor, doors tend to slam throughout the building.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BamaVol
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 October 2009

Arrived to Comfort Suites on a Wed. evening, 10/14. Only person checking in at 7 pm or so Front desk clerk was helpful with restaraunt recommendations, etc. Traveled for work (business in Talladega)
Had a king room -- faced over the west side of building, just above the check-in canopy area. Mostly quiet hotel, except for the big door that slams upon exiitng into the stairwell. (why do they make doors that loud??) And of course my room was right next to it, but low occupancy made this a non-issue.
Anyway, the room was very clean, and updated. Small couch and work station.
One complaint I had is that there was a plastic "blackout" shade to pull over, and the shears, but the actual black-out drapes were really more for decoration purposes as they would not pull across the entire lengh of the window.
I'm the type of person who likes LOTS of darkness. The first night, I just dealt with it, but my second night, I decided to take off the duvet cover and hang it over the top of the valance. I'm sure housekeeping loved dealing with that, but it did the trick wonderfully!
Breakfast -- just so so and I wouldn't call it "savory". But, you can quickly make a bagel and throw on some of the hot meat / egg and off you go. OR better yet, drive down about 1-2 miles west on Hwgy 78 and on the right side find LAMAR'S donuts -- VERY yummy and friendly service! (if you get to the mall, you are WAY past Lamar's - it is in a small 2-3 business building.) Or , IHOP is right next door.
Also, strongly suggest driving just over the other side of interstate from CS (this hotel is north of I20, but go over by Target and find Mexico Lindo for dinner. Very good food there and the quality took me by surprise.
Lastly, fitness center, I took one time on the treadmill. 2 treadmills and a broken bike - but at least could burn a few calories...tv in the room to keep you occupied.
Got a great rate of 64.99 which I don't think I've ever stayed that cheap at a comfort suites so definetly worked out great!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank KKJACKS
acworth
Reviewed 2 November 2008

We booked for the Jacksonville State University Homecoming weekend. Thanks to the alumni discount, the savings were more than the AARP discount at the other hotels in the area. Being from the area, my husband had no problems finding the hotel. It looks great from the outside, the lobby is spacious and well lit. There is a computer with a printer right out front for guests. Check-in was smooth since we were the only guests checking in at the time. The elevator was a little too slow but the room was better than I expected. We have always stayed at Holiday Inns or Hilton properties so I thought this room was great! It had 2 queen sized beds, a clean bright bathroom with soft white towels. I had just always had a negative view of this particular chain. I just thought Motel 6 with a twist. I was wrong and will look at this chain for our trips to Amelia Island, Destin or Orlando ,FL next year. We had a room away from the elevators but near the vending/ice machine on the floor. All was quiet until the early morning hours when we heard the door banging near the exit to the stairs or it could have been the cleaning ladies going in and out of their office. We had planned on staying for 2 nights but decided to check out on game day. We do plan to return if the team makes the playoffs so we'll probably stay here again.

• Liked — It wasn't overcrowed , easy to find from the highway
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank pennymang
Traveler
Reviewed 14 June 2008

This is a very nice property with a lot amenties and a good breakfast spread.
They leave fruit and coffee out all day which I like.
They have plenty of complimentary USA Todays available for guests.
We paid $110.99 (including tax) and while the rooms are quite nice that just seems a little steep...esp. in todays economic climate. I would rather think motel prices would come down somewhat to encourage gas price weary travellers.
The day I was there I was talking to the person on the front desk and she was telling me they had no reservations at all coming in. I had to wonder if the price had anything to do with it.
There are many nice motels at this exit and apparently they are mainly there so they can make all their money two weekends a year when a car race is held nearby.

• Liked — Nice rooms
  • Disliked — The price
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Ozcfied
fort worth, tx
Reviewed 22 February 2008

We LOVED this hotel! We were on our way to North Georgia and it just made a wonderful stopover. It is in a grouping of about 6 or 7 other hotels, with restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is very modern and has a warm homey feeling. The rooms are beautiful and the beds feel as is you are sleeping on a cloud!
All-granite bathroom was very large and well lit. The room is very spacious and even has a little circular entry hall when you walk in. The breakfast is great and the staff went out of there way to make sure we were comfortable. And, if you ask for a room on the south side of the hotel, you'll have a view of alabama's highest peak, just gorgeous. If you're over 60, you'll get the best rate by calling choice hotels direct, if not - just use the hotel website to book your room. I hope you enjoy this place as much as we did!

• Liked — beautiful rooms and views
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family