“Wish it were open longer!!”

Edgar's Old Style Bakery
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Pelham
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After hearing local recommendations, we stopped here during our lunch break and was so glad we did! The menu is extensive; I wanted to try it all! I ordered a chicken salad sandwich and a friend ordered pimiento cheese, so we could share. Both were fabulous. I also ordered some beautiful cookies for a tailgate weekend that were a hit, both in taste and asthetics! The only complaint is that they're not open for dinner, and with only an hour lunch break, it's hard to squeeze it in.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Wonderful cakes and pastries for sale along with specialty salads and sandwiches. Lunch on site is available.

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

We went for a strawberry cupcake.
Oh my gosh.... it was delicious.
Thick and sweet strawberry icing covering a moist strawberry cupcake. I ate mine so fast, I told my husband to turn the car around I had to have another.

1  Thank Lucille Z
Reviewed August 8, 2017

You can count on Edgar's to deliver well-made gourmet foods and especially pastries, cakes, and other sweet bites. When your 80-year-old southern cook mom says their chocolate cake is the best she's ever had, you know they are doing something right!

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

I stopped by to pick up one Of Edgar's yummy pound cakes for a visiting guest. The Edgar's bakery has yet to disappoint. Their cakes, breads and bakery items are delicious. The service was friendly.

I decided to give lunch at Edgar's a go. My order was wrong, after an at length discussion of what I wanted. A modification that I was assured could happen. It didn't. I ate what they served. A salad with chicken salad and egg salad. The chicken salad was good, the serving modest. The egg salad was bland. The lettuce was fresh.
The dressing seemed to come from a bottle.

All in all Edgar's has my bakery business. Not sure if I would eat lunch there again. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't great. I believe their lunch was just being compared to their superior baking products. The cakes and confections are the crown jewel of this establishment.