“Nasty, Nasty, Nasty!!”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Phenix City
Spokane, Washington
“Nasty, Nasty, Nasty!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I agree with the other reviews! I too was directed to this hotel by Fort Benning. Room was dirty, shower stall had a broken rail in it, neighbor in room next door was half in half out of his room. Two o'clock in the a.m. he came to my room pounding on the door..didn't know where his room was staying in! "Continental breakfast" was mini-muffins, coffee, orange jce, cold cereal and milk. Refrigerator was dirty and barely worked, no alarm clock in room, no remotes for television, pool was out of service. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!
I understand you get what you pay for, but really, clean it up a bit. Stayed here for 2 nights because we couldn't find anything close for my sons graduation at Fort Benning.
The first day after we stayed there I placed a 10.00 bill under the sheets on top of the mattress to see if they changed the bedding, the next night...money was still there!!!! They do not even change the bedding!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank tonja P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bristol, Vermont, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We recently stayed here and the place is disgusting. Stains on the sheets and towels. My feet were black from walking on the carpet. There was a 2 in. gap under our front door, used a towel to block it. Was told there was a coffee maker, there was none, no alarm clock. The best part was there was a refrigerator and a microwave. We stayed for 4 nights unfortunately but it was close to Ft. Benning.

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Vera C

Travellers are raving about these Phenix City hotels

Summerland, Canada
Reviewed 30 November 2010

I have been to this hotel on numerous of occasions. But I will say THIS ONE was the WORST!!! My husband and I were with a group of friends and my daughter and fiance'. My brother was infested with bed bugs. My sheets had blood on them. We both had bullet holes in our sheets. We complain to the manager who did NOT do anything Told us we put it there. In my daughter room they found a crack pipe in the bathroom hid in the tissue holder. At this point they were so upset to the point he went and confronted the manager who in turn said he put it there and threatened to call the police. He said call them. The manager in return gave him 1/2 their money back and told them (US) to get out and don't come back. This was a HELL WHOLE !!!!

• Stayed November 2010
6 Thank STOWNS
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Believe me when I say I will do everything in my power to make sure everyone know how horrific this place is. I never been so humiliated and felt less than human at that place they call a motel. Please believe I am going to have media and anything to draw attention on how they treat people on the conditions of the place so that no one had to live in that nightmare of a place. PLEASE DO NOT STAY THERE AND IF YOU HAVE, CALL THE HEALTH INSPECTOR AND THE MEDIA AND REPORT HOW NASTY THEY ARE!!!!

• Stayed November 2010
5 Thank FL1908
Jasper, Georgia
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Hit a deer on hwy south and wrecker driver took us to 4 places before we wound up here. Turned the bed down and saw several bedbugs, blood all over the sheets and mattress and more under by the bed support. Immediately called and as we had no way to go till morning made them put us in a diff room. It looked clean but wife was bitten several times by bedbugs. Checked out after finally finding a rental car and demanded to see the manager who of course was out. All staff was very rude --- Never go to this hell hole Am complaining to Choice Hotels asap too.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank diverbouy
Reviewed 15 July 2010

had car problems so no way to escape this dump. This was only hotel that had room. Fresh blood on sheets an bed bugs eveywhere...moved to another room during middle of night. Nastiest place I have ever seen..STAY AWAY!!
Choice Hotels should remove this place from their list...HORRIBLE!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010
4 Thank dacatmama
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 July 2010

The owners were not welcoming. They were rude, The rooms were infested with bed bugs. Communication was extremely difficult. They offered no apologies for the issues we faced. We found out they charged us $10 more per night and per room for our stay. We had 8 rooms and 20 people on this trip. They knew we were trapped because there was a large convention in town. The breakfast are was disgusting. Our service to our room for one of the days stay consited of the hotel owner's family member handing us some towels and grabbing one of the trash bags from the room. She didn't even try to put the liner in the wastebasket. She just laid the liner on the edge for me to put in. My grandchildren and brothers were infested with bedbug bites. Possibly others as we are not past the infestation stage. By the way we did not choose this hotel. The hotel we originally booked extended the contract with the military and booted us to this flee bag.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Super 8 Phenix City
#4 of 9 in Phenix City
4.4 km away
Value Place Columbus Bldg. 2

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!