“Good service, good food”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #10 of 130 Restaurants in Prattville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Description: Mellow Mushroom is proud to serve Prattville with delicious pizza, hoagies, calzones and salads. Providing quality food since 1974, we use fresh ingredients on all our menu items. Mellow Mushroom is more than just a pizza restaurant, it is where Prattville pizza lovers and beer lovers gather. Our menu and locations are as eclectic as our fans. Join the e-club for special offers and events, shop our Mellow retail and see the unique artwork in each of our locations. The search for the best pizza in Prattville is over.
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Nice atmosphere, good staff, good food. You can see the cooks throwing dough and preparing the food.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

We went here for dinner and was immediately met with a warm atmosphere. As in the temperature of the room... It had to be at least 80 degrees in there. I'm not sure if their A/C was acting up or their vents over the ovens weren't working. By the end of our meal, I was sweating. When we left, the sun had gone down and with a little breeze, it was literally cooler outside than in there.
I do enjoy trying some of the different beers they have on tap. I had some "Good People Brewing Company, Snake Handler." It's pretty high in ABV%, but I still was expecting a normal size pint glass if they're going to charge $6.00 a glass. Instead it came in what I would guess is a half pint size glass.
Their kitchen is open, so we could see they looked pretty busy. The restaurant wasn't packed, so maybe it was a lot of to go orders. We didn't wait too long for our food though. Our food was good and we both enjoyed it. She had a personal pizza and I had a calzone. Our appetizer of spinach and artichoke dip came about 2 minutes before our actual food though.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

We generally love Mellow Mushroom, so we made plans to eat at this one while passing through on the way to the Gulf Coast. Latter reviews weren’t great, but we went anyway. Should have made a diffident choice.

It was stifling hot in there, the service was slow, the Wi-Fi couldn’t be located, and the food was average. My beer was ok and priced about right, but my wife had a glass of wine that would cost $9 in the Chicago area that cost $12.50 here. I would not recommend this location.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Family has eaten here several times but keeps getting worse. Food is edible but not great or something to look forward to. Service keeps getting worse. Slow service. Staff seemed more interested in their conversations than taking care of customers. Won't be going back.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

We have stopped at this restaurant twice on our way to Florida and have enjoyed eating there both times. We ordered “new to us” beers and enjoyed them. Our waitress was super sweet and helpful.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Mellow Mushroom? Share your experiences!